[STICKY] Receiver Range Plots

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
YTWB-1

Re: Trap for young player in Southern Hemisphere

Postby YTWB-1 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:23 am

... remember that the Latitude is negative.

I could not figure out why Range did not work - found i had neglected to make the Latitude -dd.dddd.

DRL

Re: [STICKY] Receiver Range Plots

Postby DRL » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Addition of the range plots and range rings makes for an extremely useful tool - brilliantly executed.

Thank you! :-)

VRS is by far the best visualization program available-full featured, ease of use and robust--AND free!!!.

Best regards,
Doug.

eastons

Postby eastons » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I'm just missing an setting somewhere, but is there anyway to keep the range plots when closing VRS? For me, the range plot reset themselves whenever the program is closed and reopened. If it's not possible at the moment, would it be possible to implement an option to make the plots persistent in a future version? Thanks :).

jonfear

Postby jonfear » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi

That feature is Andrew's to-do list: http://tracker.virtualradarserver.co.uk ... ue/VRS-136

Cheers

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

rin67630

Postby rin67630 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:32 am

GaryG wrote:... it should give an excellent picture of where a tree or building needs to be removed. ;-)
GaryG

So waiting for the new features:
- cut tree
- destroy building
- nuke hill

;-)

jcinnb

Postby jcinnb » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:13 pm

Can you confirm, please, that the range plots restart when VRS is restarted. I have had some connectivity issues, wanted to see if my "fix" had worked. I stopped VRS last night. I just started VRS and immediately went to range rings, and I had ranges WAY BEYOND the planes that were on the screen. Every indication that the range plot has "carried over." Thanks.

agw

Postby agw » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:38 am

The range plots are saved every 10 minutes or so and when you quit the program. If you want to wipe them and start again then go into VRS and go to Tools | Reset Receiver Range Plot and then choose the receiver that you want to reset. You'll see the range plot reset on the site when you click it.

jcinnb

Postby jcinnb » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Thank you very much!

CX6BX

Postby CX6BX » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:54 am

Is there any option to backup the Range Plots from my current configuration? I need to format and I would like to keep the information for when I reinstall. :roll:
Maybe you can tell me which file has that information to back it up :idea:

agw

Postby agw » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:01 pm

They're in the SavedPlots folder within the configuration folder. You can get to the configuration folder by going to Help | About... in VRS and clicking the link at the bottom of the screen that comes up.

Return to “Installation Problems”