Multiple Receivers on different IP addresses

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
Ramjet555

Multiple Receivers on different IP addresses

Post by Ramjet555 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:27 am

I would like to set up a large number of receivers and be able to view ALL of them on one page.
Many of the locations are extremely limited in bandwidth and cannot host.

I can make it work IF, I can learn how to have all the receivers at different locations
and where the traffic of ALL the sites can be viewed on one map.

I presently have one receiver set up and any one can view it by putting in the IP address
of the raspberry pi.. That is ok for just one site but I cannot see how to run
a large number of sites.

Thanks

Ramjet

nitro999

Re: Multiple Receivers on different IP addresses

Post by nitro999 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:53 am

Yes definitely possible - for example if you installed ModeSMixer or VRS onto the Pis in the remote locations, and then set them up to forward data to the central server (using ModeSMixer or by setting up a Rebroadcast server in VRS on the remote Pis, and then configuring the firewall at the receiving / server end to allow the connections through to the central server). The central VRS would then show all of the receivers on one map once configured. That's how I do it anyway - I'm sure there are other methods too.
http://www.virtualradaruk.com
Radarcape, Swindon (UK) | FR24: T-EGVA10 | Flightaware 16984

agw

Post by agw » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:40 pm

You could also just add a merged feed in Tools | Options and tick off all of the receivers that you want to merge together into a single map. Then make the merged feed the default web site receiver in Tools | Options | Receivers.

Ramjet555

Post by Ramjet555 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Re "Merged Feeds" and or "Multiple Receivers"

I have one trial Raspberry Pi 3 B receiver running successfully on Flight Aware however I cannot see how
also send to VRS.

I have a list of people across Canada who are willing to put up receivers providing I program all the SD cards
so that we can all see all that information including MLAT on one site.

For example, I have not got a clue about "ModeSMixer" or Pis in remote locations...

Would it better to join a present private group ?

I would greatly appreciate some direction either on the forum or preferably via email or phone.