cant view over network

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
wizard6733

cant view over network

Post by wizard6733 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:48 pm

i just installed 2.4.2 and i use to be able to view over my network on a laptop and iphone but now it wont. I set the program to ope port 80 on install but it wont work...im looking at 'show network address' and it shows http://192.168.*.*** and ive tried desktop version, mobile version and old desktop and mobile version. It shows it being online but it wont work on any mobile devices (laptop, iphone or ipad)...thanks in advance

scoobydobedooo

Re: cant view over network

Post by scoobydobedooo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:09 am

hey

did you tick the configure firewall during the setup? i had a similire issue when i installed vrs and forgot to tick the box
i have a home base station im willing to share data from. if intressed let me know :)

wizard6733

Post by wizard6733 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:00 pm

yeah...i let it configure firewall to make an exception/rule for virtual radar program to work

wizard6733

Post by wizard6733 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:28 am

i think i got it working (for now that is) I had upnp enabled on both my router and on VRS but when i opened VRS it would say something like "cant find a router thats upnp capable" so i turned upnp off on VRS and it seems to be working...thanks for the reply...i appreciate it

xristostra86

Post by xristostra86 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:19 pm

I got exactly the same problem..

And because I wanted to be sure that during installation I had ticked the firewall option , I unistalled vrs and installed it again.

I also added an exception rule to my firewall for outgoing and ingoing connections on VRS but still nothing seems to happen.

I tried as well the wizard6733 solution but again not working. I don't have an idea why that's happening.

Any solution or idea will be appreciated :?

wizard6733

Post by wizard6733 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:49 pm

well it worked for a while and now it wont again...damnit...i didnt even do anything to it and it just quit again

agw

Post by agw » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:53 pm

When you say "it's not working", what do you mean? Are you saying you can't connect at all or that you can connect but Google Maps says that it can't load and the map looks screwy?

UPnP will not have any effect on a LAN or local connection. It only opens ports on the router to save you having to do it manually when you want to view the site over the Internet.

wizard6733

Post by wizard6733 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:32 pm

I ended up restarting the computer and it started workin again. What I meant was I couldn't connect thru network on any device, it worked for a long time then it messed up again. I have 2.4.2 with the new maps (not Google). It gets like that sometimes to where it won't connect, don't know why but it does.

xristostra86

Post by xristostra86 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 pm

In my case it simply doesn't load the page. vrs radar page only opens in the browser that vrs is installed. not even in local network..

When I try to access the page from my laptop , it stays on the blank page while trying to connect to url but it cannot.. and as a result it keeps loading the page forever without any effect.

agw

Post by agw » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:21 am

If the browser is saying that it can't connect then either the address is wrong or a firewall is getting in the way. It's not getting as far as VRS.

The installer's firewall option is only for the standard Windows firewall, if you have a third party firewall then you need to open that for yourself. Also you might want to make sure that you don't have another rule that in some way contradicts the rule that opens the port. Maybe temporarily disable the firewall and see if that lets traffic through? If that works then you have the culprit, you just need to figure out which rule is wrong.