Move VRS to new PC

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
jonfear

Move VRS to new PC

Post by jonfear » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:56 am

Hi Andrew

I need to move VRS to a new VM on my server. The existing Weather Station VM is overloaded now.... Is there any precautions to take when moving from one machine to the next or is it as simple as a new install and overwrite with the existing files?

Any advice gladly accepted!

ps Hows the web page coming? Off work at present and have a chance to catch a whole load more flight details!

Cheers

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

agw

Re: Move VRS to new PC

Post by agw » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:55 am

Sorry for the delay in replying! No, no particular precautions necessary - just install and optionally copy across the content of the configuration folder if you want to keep the same settings and connection log. You might want to skip copying the InstallerConfiguration.xml file as this needs to match up with the port that was configured for VRS's use by the installer.