Many Aircraft Report window

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
gospeedgo

Many Aircraft Report window

Post by gospeedgo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Hello everyone, I want to know 'cause I do not see the aircraft in the Many Aircraft Report window,thanks

agw

Re: Many Aircraft Report window

Post by agw » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:40 am

If the report isn't showing any data then it's probably because you don't have a database installed. If you have a Kinetics receiver then go to Tools | Options and enter the full path to the BaseStation.sqb file that BaseStation is filling in. If you are using another receiver or an SDR then you'll need to download the Database Writer plugin from the site and install that. You may also want to install a pre-filled database. You can download one from here:

http://www.kinetic-avionics.com/resourc ... oads.php#4

If you do use a pre-filled BaseStation.sqb then in the options for the database writer you will need to remove the tick against "Only update databases that this plugin created", otherwise it won't update it.

gospeedgo

Post by gospeedgo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:00 am

agw wrote:If the report isn't showing any data then it's probably because you don't have a database installed. If you have a Kinetics receiver then go to Tools | Options and enter the full path to the BaseStation.sqb file that BaseStation is filling in. If you are using another receiver or an SDR then you'll need to download the Database Writer plugin from the site and install that. You may also want to install a pre-filled database. You can download one from here:

http://www.kinetic-avionics.com/resourc ... oads.php#4

If you do use a pre-filled BaseStation.sqb then in the options for the database writer you will need to remove the tick against "Only update databases that this plugin created", otherwise it won't update it.
In the window google maps web page, perfectly visualize the planes, but when I click on Aircraft Tracking and opens the Reports on flights by more than aircraft, I do not see nothing, Why?

agw

Post by agw » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:16 pm

It's because the Google Maps page is showing the aircraft as they are picked up by your receiver while the report is showing records from a database. If you don't have the database, or the database is empty, then the report won't have anything in it. You need to have something recording information about the aircraft and flights in a database before you'll see anything in the report - either Kinetic's BaseStation or the Database Writer Plugin.