2 questions.Can someone help,please

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
pa0rwh

2 questions.Can someone help,please

Post by pa0rwh » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:08 am

Running the program with my sbs-1er and another setup with the sbs-3.On both systems i get a message : Oops,lookup quota exceeded when displaying the location of the aircraft.
Question 2: Why do i always have a big difference in number of aircraft seen in list in the Kinetics program and number of aircraft seen in Virtual radar.Sometimes it is less than half !! Do i have a wrong setting somewhere?
Thanks for any comments and/or suggestions...Robert

GaryG

Re: 2 questions.Can someone help,please

Post by GaryG » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi

Quota - don't know what data you're accessing but I assume you're accessing data from an external site, perhaps the position lookup (from Google I think). I'm pretty cerain that the position lookup has a limit of how many lookups you can do per day as do most data lookups.

I think the reason for the big difference in the lists is Basestation lists info for a while after the plane "disappears" while VRS does not list them as long after the plane "disappears".

GaryG

agw

Post by agw » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:49 am

Gary's correct - the "Oops!" message is coming from Google, you've exceeded the daily limit on the number of reverse geocode requests.

Differences in the number of aircraft is usually down to timeouts. By default VRS stops showing aircraft 30 seconds after their last transmission, I think if you make it 120 seconds then that should be more in line with BaseStation. There can also be differences over when each program will start tracking an aircraft when using a raw message feed. Not all Mode-S messages from aircraft carry enough information to confirm that they haven't been corrupted by the time they're received. By default VRS won't start accepting messages from a new ICAO until it sees a message that it can be certain actually came from that ICAO, some other programs will start accepting messages from ICAOs when they see enough messages from it in a short period of time.

I would try getting the timeouts in both programs to match first and then if there are still large differences in the number of aircraft tracked then you can try changing the settings in Options | Raw Feed Decoding | Validation Settings. You need to be a bit careful with those settings as you can get VRS to accept corrupt ICAOs as valid if you're too generous with them.

pa0rwh

Post by pa0rwh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:26 am

Thanks for the answers.let's try that and see.Robert

pa0rwh

Post by pa0rwh » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:21 am

Thanks fellows....i edited both VR and SBS to have the same time out values and that did the trick.Now airplanes visible in both programs are pretty similar.Thanks for your help.