The web server is not on the internet

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
DRL

The web server is not on the internet

Post by DRL » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Web server=online
Clicking put onto the Internet does nothing.

The router is enabled and the port is open.

No error messages?

What else can I check?

Thanks,
Doug

agw

Re: The web server is not on the internet

Post by agw » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:21 am

You only need to click the "Put onto Internet" button if you're using UPnP. If you've manually configured port forwarding on the router then it won't have any effect.

How are you testing it, are you using a machine that is not on the local network? There are quite a few routers that will not port forward to themselves, so testing access to the public IP address from a machine on the LAN won't work with those. If you have a data plan with your mobile ISP then try taking the phone off the LAN and then using that to test the public IP address.

Otherwise I would check that you've set up port forwarding correctly and that port that VRS is listening to is open in Windows firewall. The installer can open the port for you if it isn't already open.

DRL

Re: The web server is not on the internet

Post by DRL » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:05 am

agw wrote:You only need to click the "Put onto Internet" button if you're using UPnP. If you've manually configured port forwarding on the router then it won't have any effect.

How are you testing it, are you using a machine that is not on the local network? There are quite a few routers that will not port forward to themselves, so testing access to the public IP address from a machine on the LAN won't work with those. If you have a data plan with your mobile ISP then try taking the phone off the LAN and then using that to test the public IP address.

Otherwise I would check that you've set up port forwarding correctly and that port that VRS is listening to is open in Windows firewall. The installer can open the port for you if it isn't already open.
OK thanks... turns out I can reach the site so it must be out there, I was just thrown by the label that says it was not, plus the "put on" button not being active, I had manually done the port forwaeding in the router settings--I see the plane list and of course no map because I am on my same LAN, I have incorporated the google map key so hopefully those from outside will get the map. I will run a proper test later,

Thanks again for the help
Best regards,
Doug