Installed but issues with options settings

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
Surfking61

Installed but issues with options settings

Post by Surfking61 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:03 pm

I have VR installed and running. In the options menu under Data Sources the database file folder and the
3 other folders do not show up anywhere. It tells me that these folders do not exist. They should go in the
documents folder right? Also under the my location tab nothing appears. My location shows on the map
but not on the location tab. Thanks

Surfking61

Re: Installed but issues with options settings

Post by Surfking61 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Also, Now not showing aircraft at all. Nothing showing up and my RTL1090 is showing 4-5 aircraft.

agw

Re: Installed but issues with options settings

Post by agw » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying - the database folder defaults to the normal location of BaseStation.sqb, a hangover from the days before USB dongles when most VRS users were running Kinetic radios. If you have a BaseStation.sqb then set the folder to wherever you're keeping the file, if you are using the database writer plugin then set it wherever you like.

The receiver location in settings is not the same as the viewer's location in the browser. The browser's location is stored on the browser, not in VRS. The location in VRS is the location of the receiver and it is used to decode the positions of aircraft when they are on the ground. The location in the browser is the location of the person using the browser and it's used to calculate the distance from them to the aircraft.

Only aircraft that are transmitting positions are shown on the map. Not all aircraft transmit positions. You should still see them in the aircraft list though, as long as it hasn't been too long since a message was last picked up for them.