Connected, but no data on port 30005

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
TheEPOCH

Connected, but no data on port 30005

Post by TheEPOCH » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:55 am

Hello,

I have two problems.

1) No (avg.) signal strength was shown on the WebGUI. As recommend here in this forum I change the port from 30002 to 30005, but ...

2) No data is transmiting now. :( The Reciever is shown as connected in the datastream, but no messages are receive.

On port 30002 everything (as far as I can see) working fine, excepted problem 1). :?:

I operate with two RTL2832U USB dongles connected to a Debian and Raspbian System. On this linux machines I'm using the latest "dump1090-mutability" and I start the software with these switches (both) "--enable-agc --interactive --net --net-beast --net-bo-port 30005 --forward-mlat --lat xx.yyyyyy --lon xx.yyyyyy --max-range zz --fix --mlat --metric --modeac"

The VRS works on a seperate Win7 x86 machine. For both recievers the config is: -format: "avr or beast", -type: "network"

Can someone help me with the port problem please? (Help with the signal problem is okay too)

Is it right, that the data volume is less with beast mode?

Thanks and best regards from the Ruhrgebiet,

Fabian

Skibox

Re: Connected, but no data on port 30005

Post by Skibox » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:48 pm

I have seen this also.

If a configured receiver has "seen" AVR format, it locks to it and doesn't want to auto-detect beast-raw format.

Disable the VRS receiver entry, save, open options again, check port is 30005 and enable.

Or just restart VRS. after this it should work again, when VRS correctly auto-detects raw format.

TheEPOCH wrote:Is it right, that the data volume is less with beast mode?
Yes.

/M

TheEPOCH

Re: Connected, but no data on port 30005

Post by TheEPOCH » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:01 pm

Thank you! Everthing works fine now, even the signal strength.

[SOLVED]