Operator Flags and Model Silhouettes

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
K9 Spike

Operator Flags and Model Silhouettes

Post by K9 Spike » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi,

It's been awhile since I VRS had started again. Had version 2.2 but apparently caused problems did not start. So I have installed the new version 2.4 and I sag behind "Data Source" silhouettes my folder with silhouettes.
But I do not see any Silhouettes and flagging appear. :(
I also check you sticky Operator Flags and Model Silhouettes on this forum but it didn't work.

RickBoatright

Re: Operator Flags and Model Silhouettes

Post by RickBoatright » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:04 am

K9 Spike wrote:Hi,

It's been awhile since I VRS had started again. Had version 2.2 but apparently caused problems did not start. So I have installed the new version 2.4 and I sag behind "Data Source" silhouettes my folder with silhouettes.
But I do not see any Silhouettes and flagging appear. :(
I also check you sticky Operator Flags and Model Silhouettes on this forum but it didn't work.
Let's try documenting this a bit better.

The following is accurate as of December 2016. Recognize that linkrot and version changes in VR may make this useless.
  1. Visit http://www.woodair.net/SBS/Utilities/Ki ... itmaps.htm
  2. Scroll down to Operator Logo Starter Pack and download the "Bones" logo flag set.
  3. Unzip it into any folder you like... \VirtualRadar\Flags seems nice.
  4. Now, go to http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.ph ... n=register and register for an account.
  5. Go find the email confirmation, and then return to RadarSpotting and go to their Silhouettes and Logos download page at http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.ph ... ;dl=cat288
  6. There, you will find a LOT of zip files which you can choose between for silhouettes and also a variety of other logo files. I like the colored Silhouettes, but some people prefer the plain black ones. It's entirely up to you. Download the silhouette file(s) you want and unzip them into some folder. I kinda like \VirtualRadar\silhouettes
  7. IN the VR server app, go to tools/options and point the flags and silhouettes pointers to the two folders you just populated and then exit out of VR and re-start it.
  8. You should now get operator logo flags and silhouettes in your VR list.
It should look something like this:

Great... Now, what about the planes that don't have operator flags now?

See my next post... how to tell VR to display corporate and military and other logos for planes where flags don't show up automatically... which will be coming up in a few days.

RickBoatright

Re: Operator Flags and Model Silhouettes

Post by RickBoatright » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:19 am

I will say that Chris Alder's zip file of 2020 85x20 logo flag bmp files is -very- impressive. Again, that's at RadarSpotting, and yes, again, you have to register for it.