After launch I can not see aircraft

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
Nat

After launch I can not see aircraft

Postby Nat » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:15 pm

I am using Dump1090 along with VRS. Dump1090 shows movement of aircraft.
VRS map appears but does not show any aircraft at all. Options have been entered
It appears that they are not talking to each other.
Looking for help
Thanks

agw

Re: After launch I can not see aircraft

Postby agw » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:37 am

On the main screen does it say that it's connected to the dump1090 receiver and, if so, is the count of bytes received going up? Is dump1090 running on the same machine as VRS? What port number and format have you configured for the receiver in VRS?

Laban

Postby Laban » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:24 am

Something that caught me when first installing VRS was that I also had an empty map, not saying you fell for the same (I'm almost embarassed to admit this)...but everything went a lot better after selecting what reciever the Map should show - have you selected the reciever?

http://pasteboard.co/tOoUSKjby.png

ViperComplex

Postby ViperComplex » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:45 am

Did anyone find the fix for this? I am having the same problem, but I don't have the Receiver option, only Receiver Range. I'm sure it's just a simple setting to have the aircraft show up, but I can't get it to work.

agw

Postby agw » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 am

If you only have one receiver configured then you won't need to select the receiver, it'll just show the aircraft on the one you've got configured. If you aren't seeing any aircraft on the map and the aircraft list is empty then I imagine the receiver isn't configured correctly (see 2nd post in this thread - is it showing as connected, is count of bytes going up, what port number & format are you using?).

zaroq

Postby zaroq » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:46 am

Similar problem here. I installed VRS with RTL1090 and have them connected. The bytes are not going up and I'm not sure how to fix this. RTL1090 is receiving signal and data but VRS just isn't receiving anything.

Return to “Installation Problems”