Updated from 2.3 -> 2.4, lost MLAT

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
darrylcn

Updated from 2.3 -> 2.4, lost MLAT

Postby darrylcn » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi all, I updated from a perfectly working VRS 2.3.1(I believe) install to 2.4 yesterday because I needed to use the Google Maps API when my grandfathered IP changed. I'm a fan of "if it's not broke.." so I've been holding off updating my VRS. Things went smoothly however the remote receivers I have in my merged feed are no longer providing MLAT data. Each of the 8 or so, which worked before, are showing Connected but 0 in the Total Messages column. I haven't changed anything from my 2.3 install as far as I can see other than adding the API Key from Google. Each receiver feeds ADSB traffic just fine on 30005 but my 30106, while connected, show 0. Can anyone advise? If it helps I'm on PiAware 3.1.0. Not sure if that's why, but some of the people I'm getting data from are on latest PiAware ver.

I AM getting MLAT planes on my Pi if I log into its map, so it looks like maybe MLAT isn't getting from VRS to my VRS map.

darrylcn

Re: Updated from 2.3 -> 2.4, lost MLAT

Postby darrylcn » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Appears we all need to reboot. I rebooted my Pi and now have MLAT messages. I'll start talking to my friends to reboot their PiAware and FlightFeeder gear.

Return to “Installation Problems”