Run 2 instances of VRS - Pulling my hair out! HOW TO??

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
blakemulder

Run 2 instances of VRS - Pulling my hair out! HOW TO??

Post by blakemulder » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:55 pm

So I search the net and found 2 ways that are supposed to work, one changing the config file with various command prompts, the other copying the config folder and using the working directory cmd - none of which worked - clearly I am challenged in the grey matter so please is there someone who can give me an idiots guide to getting two versions of VRS running at the same time (with 2 dongles) - Ive now pulled all my hair out, and I didnt have much to start with!

viewtopic.php?t=153 ****tried did not work****

PS bought a r820t2 to replace my r820t as it was meant to be better for ADSB reception but I am finding the opposite is true!

agw

Re: Run 2 instances of VRS - Pulling my hair out! HOW TO??

Post by agw » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:59 pm

The post you've linked to is the correct way to do it. Create a copy of the configuration folder, edit the InstallerConfiguration.xml file in the copy to tell VRS to listen on a different port and then run your two instances.

You should run VRS normally to get the first instance fired up and then run VRS from the command line with the -workingFolder to start the second instance. The -workingFolder switch skips the check for other running instances during startup.