"Put onto Internet" not working

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
SoNic67

"Put onto Internet" not working

Postby SoNic67 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:21 pm

I am using the x64 version of VRS. I am trying to put the web server on the internet, but pressing the "Put onto Internet" doesn't do anything visible, it remains showing "The web server is not on the Internet".
I have setup on "Options" to Enable UPnP and UPnP port is set at 80.
Forwarding in my router is set to the port 80 of the IP of the PC that is running VRS (192.168.1.x).

However, in the VRS interface, when I choose to "Show network address", the IP is different from my PC, and it's not even in the same range, it's 172.19.192.1!

Any hints?

SoNic67

Re: "Put onto Internet" not working

Postby SoNic67 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:14 pm

SoNic67 wrote:However, in the VRS interface, when I choose to "Show network address", the IP is different from my PC, and it's not even in the same range, it's 172.19.192.1!

Anyone knows how to change this to my actual local IP address?

agw

Re: "Put onto Internet" not working

Postby agw » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:03 pm

You probably have two network interfaces and VRS is just showing one at random(ish). However it binds to all network interfaces, so it should be fine.

However, it's likely that the UPnP stuff will only attempt to set up a single port forwarding rule with the router and that rule will most likely be using the network address shown on screen. If that's the case then UPnP isn't going to work, you would need to configure the router manually to set up port forwarding.

Return to “Installation Problems”