How to view on internet

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
gcopter1

How to view on internet

Post by gcopter1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:47 pm

I have an RTL-SDR dongle connected to my laptop. Fire up VRS, I can paste the addrress on Chrome and see aircraft. However, if I launch Chrome on my iPad, in the same network as the PC, I can't get any of the shown addresses of VRS to work on the iPad. Is there a setting in VRS I'm forgetting to allow another computer in the same network to see what VRS is doing? I even tried another web browser on my iPad (Chrome) with the same results. I keep getting either a connection refused or time out message.

nitro999

Re: How to view on internet

Post by nitro999 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:09 am

Sounds like you might have a firewall running on the computer that has VRS installed on it (e.g. Windows Firewall)? You would need to configure the firewall to allow access to port 8080 in order to view VRS from another computer/iPad on the same network.
http://www.virtualradaruk.com
Radarcape, Swindon (UK) | FR24: T-EGVA10 | Flightaware 16984
adsbhub.org feeder #50 Swindon, UK

agw

Re: How to view on internet

Post by agw » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:21 am

If VRS is running on a Windows machine then just rerun the installer and when you get to the question along the lines of "Open Windows Firewall to allow access to VRS from other computers on the network?" tick yes. Let the installer run to completion, after which things should start working.

Otherwise if you're running a 3rd party firewall or a Linux firewall you'll need to configure it manually to let other machines access VRS.