Cannot find a router on the network that supports UPnP

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
gcopter1

Cannot find a router on the network that supports UPnP

Post by gcopter1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:34 am

Where should I begin looking to fix this?
If I enter the network address that the VRS gives me, I see traffic.
Web server is online.
Previously, the "Cannot find..." message, wasn't greyed out like now.
I want to ensure I'm feeding other databases.

agw

Re: Cannot find a router on the network that supports UPnP

Post by agw » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:51 pm

UPnP is used to open up ports on the router so that you can view the site from the Internet. It is not usually necessary to do this to feed other sites, generally nowadays they will ask you to push your feed to an address and port on their site. Pushing a feed does not need any open ports on your side. You would only need to open up a port if they wanted to connect to your computer and pull the information from you rather than have you push a feed to them.

There will be a couple of reasons why it's greyed out now when it wasn't before:

1) You have switched from the Windows version of VRS to a Mono / Linux version. The Mono version doesn't support UPnP.
2) You have changed your router and the new router either does not support UPnP or leaves it switched off by default.
3) You have turned off the UPnP setting on the router.

But just to be clear - if you're only thinking about sending feeds to other sites then you don't need to worry about it, UPnP is not involved in that.