How do I connect my airband radio output to VRS?

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
thebaldgeek

How do I connect my airband radio output to VRS?

Post by thebaldgeek » Sat May 26, 2018 12:02 am

(I live in the USA) I have an airband radio that picks up the air traffic in my area, I want to make it available to listen to on VRS.
It seems like it should be possible, but I can not find any instructions on how to connect the VRS software to pick up the audio from the computer.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.
(I can use either line-in on the computer, or my software defined radio (SDR) audio and a software cable).

Thanks.

agw

Re: How do I connect my airband radio output to VRS?

Post by agw » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:19 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying. VRS has no support for playing back audio from the computer (aside from the text-to-speech bits for calling out selected aircraft).

When I used to listen to airband radio coming from the SBS-3 I used to use streaming audio feature in VLC (https://www.videolan.org)... it took a bit of fiddling to figure out the settings but once it was figured out it was pretty good. The only awkward thing was that I would have to remote desktop back to the computer that was talking to the SBS-3 to change frequencies.