Default Configuration.xml from 2.4.2?

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
philhyde

Default Configuration.xml from 2.4.2?

Post by philhyde » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi all,

I run VRS on a Raspberry Pi in headless mode using mono. I recently upgraded to 2.4.2, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get a "new" copy of Configuration.xml with some of the newer options. For instance, Map Provider details.

What is the best way to get a sample XML with the new tags?

thanks,
Phil

agw

Re: Default Configuration.xml from 2.4.2?

Post by agw » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 pm

I think perhaps your installation might pre-date the web admin plugin?

If you install the web admin plugin and create an admin user & password from the command-line then you will be able to set up the configuration using that, you don't need to edit Configuration.xml by hand any more.

However, if you like editing XML by hand then the new fields are:

Code: Select all

<Configuration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <GoogleMapSettings>
        <MapProvider>Leaflet</MapProvider>
        <TileServerSettingName>Wikimedia</TileServerSettingName>
The two map providers are currently Leaflet or GoogleMaps. The tile server setting name can be left blank or set to garbage, in which case the default is used, otherwise it's a name from TileServerSettings-Downloaded.json in the configuration folder (downloaded at startup and then every 24 hours by VRS).

philhyde

Post by philhyde » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:39 pm

agw wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 pm
I think perhaps your installation might pre-date the web admin plugin?

If you install the web admin plugin and create an admin user & password from the command-line then you will be able to set up the configuration using that, you don't need to edit Configuration.xml by hand any more.
Yes, until this past weekend I was running a much older version. Now that I'm on the latest, I probably should use this web admin functionality.

Thanks for the tip, and for the code snippet!

Eberle

Post by Eberle » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:14 pm

agw wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 pm
The two map providers are currently Leaflet or GoogleMaps. The tile server setting name can be left blank or set to garbage, in which case the default is used, otherwise it's a name from TileServerSettings-Downloaded.json in the configuration folder (downloaded at startup and then every 24 hours by VRS).
So the software downloads everything it needs every 24 hours automatically? Do you have to set this up at first?

agw

Post by agw » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Eberle wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:14 pm
So the software downloads everything it needs every 24 hours automatically? Do you have to set this up at first?
No, there is nothing to set up.