Data to correct: wrong info displayed

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
Skibox

Re: Data to correct: wrong info displayed

Post by Skibox » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:25 am

agw wrote:Regarding the reports, the country name is coming out of BaseStation.sqb which is why there's a discrepancy between the country and the military flag. Are you using BaseStation? What application are you using to update your BaseStation.sqb? The latest countries.dat from Bones' site doesn't list any of those ICAOs as military, which is why they're showing up as civilian in VRS.
Late reply, anyway;

1. I'm not using Basestation or any other Kinetic software, but I will try to use a database editor and remove all "<country> MIL" entries.

2. The following ICAOs should still be changed to Military:

4A8220
4A82EE
4A82EF
4A82F0
4A82F1
4A82F2
4A82F3
4A82F4
4A82F8
4A82F9
4A82FB
4A82FC
4A82FE
4A8300
4A8302
4A8303
4A8305
4A8306
4A8308
4A8309
4A830A
4A830B
4A830C
4A830D
4A830F
4A8311
4A8312
4A8314
4A8315

3. I don't now what Bones country files are or how I can get them changed ?

BR /M

agw

Post by agw » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:55 am

A Kinetics forum user called Bones used to host the Countries.dat file on his site. That file was updated by another Kinetics forum user called Sabre something. It looks like Bones has moved his site or shut it down, the link I have for it is no longer working.

However, VRS gets all of the countries information out of StandingData.sqb, it doesn't use Countries.dat any more. There shouldn't be "MIL" in any of the country names in StandingData.sqb.

I will get around to amending the site so that it can support people flagging up or submitting military aircraft, I just need to get a bunch of other stuff out of the way first.

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:30 am

http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

agw

Post by agw » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:27 pm

That looks familiar, thanks :) I'll update the link in the credits.

Skibox

Post by Skibox » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:50 pm

agw wrote:However, VRS gets all of the countries information out of StandingData.sqb, it doesn't use Countries.dat any more. There shouldn't be "MIL" in any of the country names in StandingData.sqb.

The "<country> MIL" were all in Basestation.sqb, recorded previously. I have edited them with an sqlite editor and got rid of them.

EDIT: I used this one: http://sqlitebrowser.org/

I have also had a look at the code blocks in StandingData.sqb and understand how it works, with a mask for blocks. But, when I add more blocks to military designations it works OK for a while and then my changes gets overwritten periodically. Are updates pushed out from somewhere or why are my changes overwritten? The file was updated this morning at 02.00 for example, and it was not me....

How can I make my updates stick ?

BR

/Marcus

agw

Post by agw » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:05 am

A new copy of StandingData.sqb gets downloaded once a day, usually some time after 00:30 UK time. You can stop it from doing this by telling it not to download route updates in Tools | Options | General.

OhhNeal

Post by OhhNeal » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:47 pm

Hi Andrew,

I've a couple of ICAOs that I think that need to be put to Military
Dutch NH90's: 481041 until 481054 20 piece in total. N-258 is miscoded at 111111 but should actualy be 48104B. Country code for the others is Not Allocated in the latest available countries.dat.

I had a look at the countries.dat since the latest is from 2014 to change that for myself but didn't understand that one. I see it's from Hex to binary but dont understand the x's and the number between the ICAO and the flagname.bmp. I can see the number is the amount of binary digits but can not see how that makes for a series of allocations. Could you shine some light on that as I couldn't find anything on the usual fora.

RSAFMS depending on your viewpoint, they should be either military as they are operated by the RSAF/RSF and as far as I can see only HZ-MS5 (7101E0) is marked as such. All others I've seen since August are marked as civil. But I think these need to be discussed before changing them.

More will follow while I check my reports.

Regards,
Neal

OhhNeal

Post by OhhNeal » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:30 am

Hi Andrew,

Two more to change, both Dutch CG D228 are showing as civil. Could you change them to Mil as well.

PH-CGC 484646
PH-CGN 484607

Regards,
Neal

Skibox

Post by Skibox » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:46 pm

agw wrote:A new copy of StandingData.sqb gets downloaded once a day, usually some time after 00:30 UK time. You can stop it from doing this by telling it not to download route updates in Tools | Options | General.
That means that unless I opt out of route updates (which I don't want), my changes to mil/civ will be reset every night...

Can I ask you to make one simple change to the original StandingData (or countries.dat or whatever original you use for the updates) for the Swedish regs ?
One single block allocation should be OK.
Or is there someone else I should contact ?

It would be nice to add a timestamp to data, so if the local entries in the database is newer, they don't get overwritten. But that would need a lot more work than just overwriting the whole file....

/M

agw

Post by agw » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:59 am

I'm in the throes of rewriting the SDM site. One of the intentions with the rewrite (which won't be in the initial release but will appear soon afterwards) is to support user-editing of other bits of data aside from routes - in particular airports, airlines and military / civilian code blocks.

In the meantime just hold tight :) The first release is almost ready to go, support for editing the other types of data will follow as and when they get written.