Sudden Tile Server Settings Storage errors

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
hikeofyourlife

Sudden Tile Server Settings Storage errors

Post by hikeofyourlife » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:18 pm

This is latest beta and also happens on latest 2.4.1. I have been using the beta for months now. Computer overheated and turned off, I suspect that is the cause and something was corrupted.

Uninstall/reinstall doesn't help. Version 2.3.1 backup in a sub folder in the main VRS folder still works, however. Not sure why that doesn't throw the error, too, but 2.3.1 shows a Google Maps error :(

Anyway, here is the error message from 3.0.0 and 2.4.1 installs

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at VirtualRadar.Library.Settings.TileServersettingsStorage.LoadIfFileExists(List'1 results, String fileName, Boolean isCustom)
at VirtualRadar.Library.Settings.TileServerSettingsStorage.Load()
at VirtualRadar.Library.SettingsTileServerSettingsManager.LoadTileServerSettings()
at VirtualRadar.Library.Settings.TileServerSettingsManager.Initialise()
at VirtualRadar.Library.Presenter.SplashPresenter.StartApplication()
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadstart(Object argument)

agw

Re: Sudden Tile Server Settings Storage errors

Post by agw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying. I don't think your machine would be the cause, there seems to be an issue whereby occasionally an empty JSON file gets saved and then on the next load you get the object reference not found error.

This should be fixed in the latest preview, see the link on the VRS site download page. Otherwise if you want to stick with the installed version then delete the TileServerSettings-Downloaded.json file from the configuration folder and that should be enough to let it start up. You're safe to delete it, first of all it's empty (which is why you can't start VRS) and secondly VRS will just download another one when it starts.