Internet server not working

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
girlattack08

Internet server not working

Post by girlattack08 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:51 am

Hi, I want to share my data with family and friends. The local and network adress are working, however the internet adress is not. I have already port forwarded, but still nothing. I get the error this site cannot be reached, it's is not responding.
Can anyone here help me out please? After 6 days I have run out of options to try. The internet adress is http://217.120.112.32:8080/VirtualRadar.

Samantha.

agw

Re: Internet server not working

Post by agw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:09 pm

How are you testing it? Are you trying to access the address from the same Internet connection that the VRS machine is on or are you trying from a separate network, e.g. your mobile phone over your mobile provider's network rather than your local Wifi?

Many routers will not port forward to themselves. When you test the connection you need to make sure that your test is not going through the router that's been set up for port forwarding (unless you already know that the router can handle port forwarding to itself).

Other than that the possibilities are that there is a firewall between VRS and the outside world, perhaps on the router or cable modem, or that the port forwarding is wrong. If you can access VRS over the local network then there's not much else that it can be.

The Internet address shown on the main screen is a combination of your public IP address, which VRS will figure out, and the public port number which you have to tell it. If you want VRS to show the correct public port number, i.e. the port you have configured in the router settings to forward from, then you need to go into Tools | Options | Web Server and enter the port that you set up in the router's port forwarding into UPnP port number field. VRS uses that port number if you have UPnP switched on and it also uses it in the formatting of the Internet address on the main screen.