Updated from 2.4.0 to 2.4.2 and everything broke

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
Dom2364

Updated from 2.4.0 to 2.4.2 and everything broke

Post by Dom2364 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:36 pm

Hi everyone,
Just updated to 2.4.2 and it seems like some files were not installed during the update. mobile.html now has a bunch of 404's to scripts that aren't in Program Files/VirtualRadar/Web/script. I already tried updating just by running the 2.4.2 installer with 2.4.0 still installed, and I tried uninstalling 2.4.0 and installing 2.4.2. I'm using x64 on Windows Server 2012 R2. I also decompiled the 2.4.2 installer and couldn't find those files in it, so I'm guessing the files just aren't being installed. Need a fix pretty soon as nobody on mobile can access the website now.

Website URL: http://aussieadsb.com
Screenshot with the errors on mobile.html: https://i.imgur.com/sv5BkIs.png
I write software and take photos.
AussieADSB
Full Throttle Photography

agw

Re: Updated from 2.4.0 to 2.4.2 and everything broke

Post by agw » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:59 pm

I've just downloaded the 2.4.2 installer from the web site, ran it, installed the program into a new folder and everything's fine, script files are there, mobile.html works etc. Tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit installers into separate folders, both fine. The fact that they're both still signed with my certificate and that Windows didn't complain that the signatures were invalid shows that they're the same installers that I signed and uploaded last June. The same installers that people have been successfully using since then.

There is nothing to fix. Whatever is zapping the script files out of the program folder is running on your server, left to its own devices the installer will install the script files.

Dom2364

Re: Updated from 2.4.0 to 2.4.2 and everything broke

Post by Dom2364 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:39 pm

Ok it's not the installer, I just downloaded and installed x64 2.4.2 onto my personal pc and it works perfectly fine. I figured out that it was loading a modified mobile.html from 2.4.0 from the custom content and if I disable the custom content plugin it works again.
I write software and take photos.
AussieADSB
Full Throttle Photography