VRS desktop reports not working

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
G0ISW

VRS desktop reports not working

Post by G0ISW » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:55 pm

I am struggling to get VRS desktop reports running.

Using VRS beta 3.0.0 32 bit on Windows 10 64 bit. I have had to run this version to get the 'Database Editor' plugin to work.

I have followed the guidance about setting up 'Database Writer', however this plugin will not load and I receive the message 'Plugin does not work with VRS past 2.4.9999'

When I run desktop reports it finds nothing no matter which criteria I set or what dates.

I am wondering if it is because the Database Writer plugin will not load therefore it is not adding to my .sqb file? Or is it something else stopping me?

I have enabled the tickbox for looking up aircraft details within VRS options.

G0ISW

Re: VRS desktop reports not working

Post by G0ISW » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:18 pm

Update: I have now experimented with 2.4.4 and reports work fine, just the Database Editor plugin doesn't there.

LSie

Post by LSie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:30 pm

What do you mean by with "editor not working"? Can you log in to your dabatase editor?

I have VRS 2.4.4 and the Database Writer and Editor Plugins. Both work fine. Please verify the following:

Q1
Do you see the "Database Editor" link in your aircraft details view pane in your VRS browser window?

Q2
Is the Database Editor Plugin enabled?

In the VRS start screen (before opening VRS a browser), go to Tools>Plugins

is the Database Editor plugin present?

If so, please click its option button and verify if it is enabled

Q3
Did you create a user and give the user Administrator Rights?

Open VRS start screen (prior to opening VRS in your browser)
  • Create a user

Go to Tools > Options > Users

Did you create a user here? And is it enabled (flagged)?

If not, click the green "+" sign to create a user:
    - flag enabled
    - enter a login name, eg MYSELF
    - enter a password
    and click OK
  • Giving this user administrator rights

Go to Tools > Options > Web Server > Administrators

Flag the user login you so just made (eg MYSELF) to give this user administrator rights.
You should now be able to click the "Dabatase Editor" link (See Q1 above) and login in to your database to edit it.

If not, could you please specify the exact problem you have ?

G0ISW

Post by G0ISW » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:33 am

Hi,

Many thanks for your detailed reply.

I have downloaded the database editor, however when I go to plugins it says '1 plugin could not be loaded' and when I click on that link it brings up an invalid plugin screen which names the database editor plugin and states it is not valid and needs VRS version 3.0.0 or better.

I do not see the database editor link in the main window unless I switch to VRS version 3.0.0

I had already created a user and given admin rights too.

I'm going to try downloading the plugin again as your post clearly shows the database editor should be working in 2.4.4 as well as the database writer (2.4.0)

G0ISW

Post by G0ISW » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:09 am

On the 4th attempt of installing it has now worked!

Many thanks for showing me that Database Editor should have been working with VRS 2.4.4