MLAT Merged Feed & Port forwarding questions

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
QF1

MLAT Merged Feed & Port forwarding questions

Post by QF1 »

Hi there

I have been using VRS for many years but I have just had my notebook fail on me and now have to reinstall and have hit a few roadblocks so looking for some help/advice on setup. I have re-read the documentation but can't seem to resolve my two issues.

1) I previously had main feed and MLAT feed merged, but can't get these working again. I think it is just a question of getting correct IP address and ports for each feed?

2) I can see local and network feed on my notebook, but not on any other networked device. I am using the IP address of the notebook and a port of 91. I seemed to recall that I need to go into my router and setup port fowarding. Is that correct because so far I have had no success in getting my main PC to access this address to see the networked feed

My setup is that I have a Pi feeding to Basestation and then Basestation feeding VRS. Is this the best setup?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
Mark
Dodsy

Re: MLAT Merged Feed & Port forwarding questions

Post by Dodsy »

If the device is a pi it's the ip address of that in AVR/Beast raw format port 30005 for adsb data and 30105 for mlat data
QF1

Post by QF1 »

Thanks Dodsy - that fixed the problem perfectly. Greatly appreciate yoru help as not sure where I would have found that information.

Cheers
Mark
Dodsy

Post by Dodsy »

You're welcome.