VRS and BT SmartHub 2

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
Steve M

VRS and BT SmartHub 2

Post by Steve M »

Has anyone had any problems when using BT SmartHub 2 and VRS? I am using VRS 2.4.4 from my SBS and I have set up Port Forwarding OK. My issue is that the VRS runs fine on the external address (via an address with NO-IP) for anywhere from about 24-36 hours and then suddenly it stops sending out externally. The internal address works fine all the time. I have shut down and restarted the VRS software but that doesn't solve the issue. I can only get the external address working again if I reboot the SmartHub. BT have changed the SmartHub and I still have the same problem. I also feed PlanePlotter and the Port Forward for that works fine all the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try?

Thanks
Steve M

Re: VRS and BT SmartHub 2

Post by Steve M »

Just to follow up on this, I thought the issue may have been with my aged desktop computer as there were a few other things not working as they should. So. I decided to buy a new computer. Put all the software on a nice clean install, and yet I still have issues with the VRS with BT SmartHub 2. BT say its not their problem - of course they would!! Not only does the VRS not work properly but when it is installed but something also stops the database updates for my BaseStation SQB as well. Now, this was never an issue with my old BT HomeHub6, so it can only be down to something in the firmware or software of the SmartHub 2. To allow my database to get updated, I am now unable to use the VRS. I wish I could find out the reason but nothing stands out other than something conflicts.

I guess no-one else on here uses BT SmartHub 2 seeing at the lack of response to my initial post. I'm stuck into a BT contract now, so cannot change my ISP without it costing me a lot of money.