issues on osx

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
agw

Re: issues on osx

Post by agw » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:13 pm

As a part of the next release of VRS (hopefully today) there'll be a refresh of the web site going up, I've added a link to a pre-built VirtualRadar.exe.config to the Mono instructions page.

xristostra86

Post by xristostra86 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:36 pm

agw wrote:As a part of the next release of VRS (hopefully today) there'll be a refresh of the web site going up, I've added a link to a pre-built VirtualRadar.exe.config to the Mono instructions page.
The next release of VRS should be even for mac os or just for windows systems ?. I went to mono instructions page (official page of Mono)

(http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about- ... forms/osx/) but i didn't found any link of VirtualRadar.exe.config

I also went there (http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Mono.aspx) but that's what i did and i still got no fix of the issue.

The typical programs i need to run VRS on my mac os device are the following ?

- XQuartz
-Mono
-Virtual Radar Server

agw

Post by agw » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:23 pm

agw wrote:As a part of the next release of VRS (hopefully today) there'll be a refresh of the web site going up
I've not released it yet...

xristostra86

Post by xristostra86 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:25 pm

agw wrote:
agw wrote:As a part of the next release of VRS (hopefully today) there'll be a refresh of the web site going up
I've not released it yet...
oh , haha sorry for misunderstanding :)

xristostra86

Post by xristostra86 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:19 am

Hey , thank you for the new version release of VRS !

I downloaded mono Tarball installer , and then i put the file you uploaded VirtualRadar.exe.config in the same folder of VRS installation.

The VRS program opened normally ! ;)

BUT , i am not able to connect my RTL1090 usb stick on it.

I went to tools --> receivers , i did all the needed settings (the same settings as the second (windows) computer i use till now) but the connection status showing: Connecting...

When i checked the box named "Push Receiver" , Connection Status changed to Waiting... without any result.

I also tried to manage it as a new receiver through "Wizard" but it is exactly the same situation.

Is there any other program that i need have opened simultaneously with VRS in order to synchronise the 2 programs ? (VRS & 3rd party program) / (like Windows with VRS & RTL1090)

Thank you again for the new release. By the way , I like the website new design ;)

xristostra86

Post by xristostra86 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:49 pm

any fix till now ?

+ The VRS on mac os seems to refresh every 1 second (and the graphics design [due to that weird "refresh"] has many bugs that sometimes make the settings unreadable)

agw

Post by agw » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:51 pm

You don't want to tick Push Receiver unless the source is a Push Rebroadcast Server from another instance of VRS.

I don't think that there's anything to fix. I've tested it on a MacBook Pro and it connects just fine to whatever feed I try it with. You're going to have to give more information about the source that you're trying to connect to and the settings that you're entering.

Regarding the refreshing UI - that's an issue with Mono's implementation of WinForms on the Mac. You can get around that by not using the GUI, install the web admin plugin instead and use that to configure the server. The instructions on that are here:

http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Mon ... dless-mode

xristostra86

Post by xristostra86 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:11 pm

thanks for your reply.

I agree that it's a little weird the issue i face.

I give you some screenshot's to understand better what i mean.

Maybe a 3rd party program to work simultaneously with VRS ? (like Windows that rtl1090 is needed in order to get VRS to work properly) :?

agw

Post by agw » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:09 am

If those are the settings from a Windows machine then on that Windows machine you would have had a program that was generating a feed of data and exposing it on port 31001. The IP address "127.0.0.1" is a special address, it always points to the local machine. So when you used that on the Mac you were saying "there is a program on this Mac that is exposing a data feed on port 31001, the feed format is AVR/Beast, connect to the program and pull the feed from it".

I expect you don't have whatever was running on Windows also running on your Mac, so you'll need to change the address to point to the Windows machine. If you go onto the Windows machine, run VRS and on the main screen select "Network Address" in the dropdown box, then the LAN network address should be shown in the URL for the web page - so if the URL is http://192.168.10.7:8080/VirtualRadar then the address is 192.168.10.7

Next, you need to make sure that the Windows firewall isn't blocking port 31001. Open an administrator command prompt and run:

Code: Select all

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Aircraft Message Feed Port" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=31001 profile=private
Then switch back to the Mac and change the 127.0.0.1 to the IP address of the Windows machine.

xristostra86

Post by xristostra86 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:30 am

Thank You Very Much !! :D

VRS on my mac work fine ! ,

all i have to do was the following steps:

1) Open VRS on my windows machine , on the main menu i selected "Show Network Address" and i kept the ip address on my mind.

2) Went back to VRS on my mac os machine --> Tools --> Options --> Receivers --> Then Changed the address from 127.0.0.1 , to the previous ip address (which i saw on my windows machine)

I have one question , if i use VRS on my mac device , outside of my house (local network) will it work with these settings that i have set right now ?

I really appreciate your help,

Chris