Using ADLite with VRS

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
jonnycat

Re: Using ADLite with VRS

Post by jonnycat » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Thanks Cix, I don't think it is related to having two receivers listed in VRS, as you can't run both ADSB# and RTL1090 at the same time (only one can access the dongle at any one time, at least for me). Still, I did try deleting the ADSB# listing in VRS, but the problem persists; VRS connects to RTL1090, and it says it is connected, messages are being received, and it is tracking planes, but none show up in the tracking list on the webpage. I did also try the different versions of RTL1090.

Are you using similar settings for RTL1090 such as these?: imgur.com/9drlKHI.png

I am also hoping to try the full version of AD, so we'll see what happens with that when they get back to my email; also thanks for the link to the dll file.

Hi Jon, thanks for the suggestion on a raspberry pi; my funds are limited right now, but I have certainly always wanted one of those!

Cix

Post by Cix » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:59 pm

I am using the same settings in VRS, so i think the problem is elsewhere, but sorry, have no clue where to find it.

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:27 pm

jonnycat wrote:Thanks Cix, I don't think it is related to having two receivers listed in VRS, as you can't run both ADSB# and RTL1090 at the same time (only one can access the dongle at any one time, at least for me). Still, I did try deleting the ADSB# listing in VRS, but the problem persists; VRS connects to RTL1090, and it says it is connected, messages are being received, and it is tracking planes, but none show up in the tracking list on the webpage. I did also try the different versions of RTL1090.

Are you using similar settings for RTL1090 such as these?: imgur.com/9drlKHI.png

I am also hoping to try the full version of AD, so we'll see what happens with that when they get back to my email; also thanks for the link to the dll file.

Hi Jon, thanks for the suggestion on a raspberry pi; my funds are limited right now, but I have certainly always wanted one of those!
So to confirm, you only have one receiver, receiver2 on VRS. This is set to look for RTL1090 on the same PC as VRS on port 31001 using beast/avr format. On the web page you can only select receiver2 and this shows nothing.

Perhaps you can provide a printout of the statistics for receiver2? This may give us some other clues.

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

jonnycat

Post by jonnycat » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:10 pm

jonfear wrote: On the web page you can only select receiver2 and this shows nothing.
Aha, thanks Jon, that was it; I did not have receiver2 selected on the webpage; now it works with RTL1090.

jonfear

Post by jonfear » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:40 am

Glad to help!

Jon
http://www.360radar.co.uk, the new name for MLAT Radar in the UK and Western Europe.

Former PP feeder Bm. No longer feeding. I do not have time to sort out imaginary problems with NTP
when it has been working fine for 2+ Years.

Cix

Post by Cix » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:30 pm

Currently using the Trial version of AD, and I can imagine it's worth the money, works like a charm!

Just the airplane pictures it automaticly downloads, I have added the folder to VRS, but none show up. Must be something wrong in the filenaming I guess.

Files are named reg_A.jpg for example PH-AKA_A.jpg - But not showing.

jonnycat

Post by jonnycat » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Thanks for the update, Cix. So, is it updating the basestation.sqb for you automatically now? I just got my trial key and am looking forward to playing around with it.

Cix

Post by Cix » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:51 pm

Yes, it was a bit strugling to get it started, but once I got it running it going completely on his own, updating the database on every connecting aircraft. The program is doing excellent.

Have fun playing around with it, I certainly am enjoying it.

jonnycat

Post by jonnycat » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:21 am

Hey thanks Cix, I've got mine running now as well.

Are you using a BaseStation rebroadcast server from VRS? When I was using ADLite, it had an option window that let me specify the port for the rebroadcast server. I can't find such an option in AD, and VRS is not listing it as using the rebroadcast server. AD is still getting the information, but I'm not exactly sure where, maybe from ADSB# directly, I don't know.

Cix

Post by Cix » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:56 am

I think it is indeed using my RTL1090 feed. I did look for the same option but I couldn't seem to find it either. Either way, im glad I got it to work. Its still the pictures that give me a problem so far, as they;ll not show up. Did you manage to get them to work?