[STICKY] Receiver Range Plots

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
agw

Re: [STICKY] Receiver Range Plots

Postby agw » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:22 pm

onegin wrote:1) Let the user specify colors?

You can set the colours and opacity of the plot via the browser - Menu | Options | Map | Receiver Range.

onegin wrote:Is there any way to let the users decide whether or not they want to store this data?

Not at the moment. The situation you're describing would be a bit tricky as the receiver presumably wouldn't change, so you'd be wanting to display a stored plot and a new plot simultaneously - not just load an old plot so that it didn't have to build up ranges. You could always just do a screen capture of the plot between antenna setup changes :)

Skibox wrote:In my locality I have to enter positions with a decimal comma (VRS requires it at input), instead of the english decimal dot. Could this be related to VRS not finding correct positions?

No, that won't matter. Are you sure that you've associated a receiver location with each receiver? The procedure is:

1. Create the Receiver if necessary.
2. Create a Receiver Location (again, if necessary).
3. In the Receiver settings select the correct Receiver Location in the Receiver Location drop-down box.

There's no automatic tie-up between receiver and location, you have to manually tell it which location to use for which receiver. Multiple receivers can share the same location.

Skibox

Postby Skibox » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:49 pm

agw wrote:No, that won't matter. Are you sure that you've associated a receiver location with each receiver?

Yes. 5 different Rx, 5 locations correctly named and positioned, RX associated with location.

My friend has the same problem. I'm using XP SP3, in English, with Sweden as locality.

/M

agw

Postby agw » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:54 pm

If you could email me your Configuration.xml file then I'll take a look. The email address in on the VRS website at the bottom of each page.

To get to your Configuration.xml file you just need to run VRS, click Help | About and click on the link to the configuration folder on that screen.

Skibox

Postby Skibox » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:44 am

Skibox wrote:Yes. 5 different Rx, 5 locations correctly named and positioned, RX associated with location.

A complete restart of Google Chrome resolved the problem! I now have range plots, and they are a really nice addition.

/M

trigger

Postby trigger » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:51 am

Hi Andrew,
Loving the Receiver Range Plot :D

Keep up the great work.
Trigger

Lector

Postby Lector » Sun May 11, 2014 5:33 pm

agw wrote:Is there any way to let the users decide whether or not they want to store this data?
Not at the moment.

Could it be possible at least add an option "Minimize to tray" while trying to close the program window?
Everytime I'm going to minimize it but mistakenly picking "close" button, then, aghrrr... - "pretty range picture" gets lost! :(
I fully understand that this completely proves my own stupidity, but a foolproof measures would come a useful feature against such cases :)

agw

Postby agw » Tue May 13, 2014 12:39 am

There is a minimise to tray option in Tools | Options | General. You could always press Alt+Space, N to minimise instead of clicking the button :)

Lector

Postby Lector » Tue May 13, 2014 4:46 am

agw wrote:There is a minimise to tray option in Tools | Options | General. You could always press Alt+Space, N to minimise instead of clicking the button :)

I have this option set to "Yes", but it's only gives an icon in system tray when the window is minimized.
But I mean smth. like "Close action minimizes to tray" option, which will substitute a real window closing by minimizing to tray then close button on the right upper corner or Alt+F4 is pressed.
I just always forgetting that main window is the program itself (not an additional window with options etc) and "close" action will not simply hide the window but terminate VRS completely. :(

agw

Postby agw » Sat May 17, 2014 5:38 pm

When I tell a program to close then I want it to close :) The close button is always going to close the program.

However, I can add an option to start minimised so that you don't have to remember to minimise it to the system tray?

Lector

Postby Lector » Sun May 18, 2014 7:15 am

agw wrote:The close button is always going to close the program.

There are number of programs I know, having proposed option. It serves as "safety catch" against the loosing some important essential data which have not been (auto/manually) saved yet. Sometimes you're not going to really close the window, but just doing carelessly a hasty misclicking to "close" cross instead of 'minimize" dash.
agw wrote:However, I can add an option to start minimised

Yes, please! Just an option, not a general behaviour :)
I would greatly appreciate for this!

Return to “Installation Problems”