Two receivers and reports

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
Upkeep

Two receivers and reports

Post by Upkeep » Fri May 15, 2015 4:57 pm

I hope someone might be able to help me.

I have VSR running successfully now on my linux mint machine upstairs. Database, operator flag links are to files on this machine. Using dump 1090 and a dongle. All working fine, and a good signal. Aircraft being tracked.

Downstairs I have VRS on a Windows machine also working fine using rtl1090 and a dongle.

On the Windows machine I have set it for merged receiver information and can see the data coming in from my linux machine upstairs. However, when I want to run reports from the web page on the Windows machine only the data from that pc is listed and none of the data from the upstairs linux machine, though all the data from both receivers is visible on the map and is refreshed constantly. It just does not go into the reports. The reports just list those aircraft from the Windows machine (with poorer signal). I was wondering if there was any way of getting the data from the upstairs machine into the reports. I am assuming this is impossible as each machine has its own database sqb file. It would be helpful just to have confirmation of this.

One of the reasons I would like to get the Windows machine containing data from the upstairs receiver is that I have PlaneBase on the Windows machine (it won't run on linux sadly) and it would be good to be able to get the data from VSR into Planebase. Unfortunately swopping over the two machines so the Windows machine gets the better signal is not an option.

I would be very grateful for any assistance.

Thank you very much

Upkeep

agw

Re: Two receivers and reports

Post by agw » Fri May 15, 2015 8:19 pm

The reports are coming from the records in your BaseStation.sqb file. If you're using the Database Writer plugin then you can tell it which receiver or merged feed you want to record in the database, so you could just switch that over to record the merged feed instead of the receiver.

However that does mean that the database on the Windows machine will now contain records from both installations as opposed to just that receiver.

Upkeep

Re: Two receivers and reports

Post by Upkeep » Fri May 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Thank you so much for the very fast response. Much appreciated. Yes. Works fine now. Sorry for troubling you. Best wishes. Upkeep