VRS problem with ADS-b Mode S

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
Lbrianfly

VRS problem with ADS-b Mode S

Post by Lbrianfly » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi people,

Since yesterday (03-01) i have an DVB-T RTL1090 USB Dongle.
With that device, i can receive ADS-b/Mode S signals.
Now, i have an program running, who translates Radio data to RAW data, for Virtual Radar Server.
Thats working great!. Now i readed, that VRS converts the rawdata to Basestation Language. But when i wanna connect Basestation (from Kinetic), to the Virtual Radar Server, via Rebroadcast Server from VRS, it's not work. (I can see the connection onto VRS!)
The IP is correctly.. The port is correctly.. Everything looks correctly.

I used one computer, to run it all!. Result: No ADS-b/Mode-S data receiving (But i can see, a lot traffic on my VRS Google Maps)
Today i used, an second computer to communicate with VRS, with Basestation, but still not works. Result: Same as above.

Also, i hope anyone can help me! :).

Kind Regards,
Brian
Newbe

agw

Re: VRS problem with ADS-b Mode S

Post by agw » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:52 pm

While it does seem logical that BaseStation would be able to read a BaseStation format data feed the reality is that it does not. It only creates a BaseStation format feed, its source of data has to be a Kinetic's receiver. BaseStation wasn't written to work with any receiver, it will only work with Kinetic receivers.

sergsero

Post by sergsero » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:33 am

Hi Brian,
Basestation (software) receives data from the Kinetic's receiver in a specially modified format on port 10001. VRS server in "BaseStation format" rebroadcast data in text MSG, which is not suitable...
But there is a way to use of RTL1090-VRS-BS :). Including other receivers and/or tcp raw-sources by network. It is not too simple, but works successfully. Preferably use 32bit Windows7. How to do it - is described in detail here: http://f5ann.pagesperso-orange.fr/Dongl ... index.html
Best wishes, Sergey

Lbrianfly

Post by Lbrianfly » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:45 am

sergsero wrote:Hi Brian,
Basestation (software) receives data from the Kinetic's receiver in a specially modified format on port 10001. VRS server in "BaseStation format" rebroadcast data in text MSG, which is not suitable...
But there is a way to use of RTL1090-VRS-BS :). Including other receivers and/or tcp raw-sources by network. It is not too simple, but works successfully. Preferably use 32bit Windows7. How to do it - is described in detail here: http://f5ann.pagesperso-orange.fr/Dongl ... index.html
Best wishes, Sergey
Hi Sergey,

Thanks!. But i have an Windows 7 x64/64bit system. Also, when i try to open the COMbyTCP, as seen on your link, he's give an error.
Also tryed to run as administrator. But gives the error too..
Also, i gonna try something, with this page. Thanks!.

For you too, the best wishes!.

Kind Regards,