VRS x FSX

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
jaimehempke

VRS x FSX

Post by jaimehempke » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Not in any way I can connect the vrs in fsx,'s always the post (Flight simulator x is not installed SimConnect can not load) I have fsx installed and working, I do not know what else to do, What vrs the port uses to communicate with fsx?

agw

Re: VRS x FSX

Post by agw » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:10 am

VRS doesn't communicate with remote installations of FSX, the two programs have to be running on the same PC, so there are no port numbers involved. The message is saying that it failed to load SimConnect, which is the library that Microsoft supplies to talk to FSX.

On looking into it I think I'm using the FSX SP2 version of SimConnect with VRS. If you don't have SP2 installed then it won't load. There is another version of SimConnect, the RTM version, that should work with any version of FSX - I'll be using that from the next version of VRS onwards.

In the meantime I've built a small installer that can copy either the RTM version of SimConnect or the SP2 version into the Virtual Radar Server program folder. You can download it here:

http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/fil ... tSetup.exe

Close VRS before you run the installer. When it asks for the destination folder leave it pointing to the VRS program folder. On the "Select Components" screen choose "The RTM version of SimConnect".

Let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.

jaimehempke

Post by jaimehempke » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Good day I did all the tests and found that the problem was with the instlaçao fsx was resolved.
wish you would inform me if it is possible I include a map kml file to show that this contours and aerodromes, I have a file ready but do not know how to do, can you give me a hint?

agw

Post by agw » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm afraid that at the moment VRS does not support the display of overlays. However it is high on the list of requested features, I plan to address this with the rewrite of the website display some time later this year.