Database File Eror Message..!

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
Codeine

Database File Eror Message..!

Post by Codeine » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi All

I repeatedly get this error message every time I try to run the program and after two days have
failed to find a solution. I have posted a pic of the error message in the hope someone can help
as uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work nor does using system restore.

I am using Win 7 64 bit and I can't even find or locate this corrupted or encrypted database
file it refers to so obviously doing something wrong. Hopefully someone will help or have a
solution as it is a great program but a pity I managed to buggered it up in the learning process.

Codeine
Attachments
Virtual Radar Error.jpg
Can't get rid of this...?
Virtual Radar Error.jpg (98.01 KiB) Viewed 3261 times

agw

Re: Database File Eror Message..!

Post by agw » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 pm

It's saying that an SQLite file that it's trying to open - probably the BaseStation database file - is either not an SQLite database file or, if it is, it's corrupt and SQLite isn't recognising it as a database file.

Did it used to work and then it stopped working without you changing anything? What do you have for Tools | Options | Data Sources | 4.1 Database filename?

Codeine

Re: Database File Eror Message...?

Post by Codeine » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:30 am

Hi Agw

I changed a path address for the receiver when it all worked ok. But know the program wont even
load just displays that message and clicking on ok on the error message closes the program when it
is trying to access the base-station database. So no access to Tools_Options_Data Source etc from within
Virtual Radar but I am continuing to look for this database file that is corrupt in my system files or folders
and yet it doesn't get rewritten or changed when the program is uninstalled and reinstalled or a system restore...?

Thanks for reply

Codeine :?

agw

Re: Database File Eror Message..!

Post by agw » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:33 am

I'll change VRS for the next release so that it'll still start when you get an SQLite exception on opening the database. In the meantime if you open a Windows Explorer window, do Alt+D and enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualRadar into the address bar then that will get you to the configuration folder.

The configuration is in a file called Configuration.xml - you can either rename that, restart VRS and re-enter your configuration or you can edit the file with Notepad and take out the entry you have for DatabaseFilename - i.e. change

<DatabaseFileName>BAD ENTRY HERE</DatabaseFileName>

to

<DatabaseFileName></DatabaseFileName>

and save.

Codeine

Problem Solved...!

Post by Codeine » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi Agw

Thanks for all your help I did exactly as you said re %LOCALAPPDA\VirtuaRadar% etc and
and renamed the config file and restarted VRS. I get a "could not connect to base-station at" when I start VRS which I will sort out later after work but it is good to have it working again. At least I know how to get to the config file and there was nothing wrong with my database because it didn't exist...lesson learned.
I will try not to bugger it up to much and will explore it a bit more cautiously and enjoy the software.

Thanks Again Codeine :D