Can't start internet server

Are you having trouble getting Virtual Radar Server installed and running? If so then this is the place to ask about it.
Thunderknight

Can't start internet server

Post by Thunderknight » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:49 am

I have VRS running and working fine on my local machine. However, I'm unable to put it on the internet. The "put onto internet" button is greyed out. I can't seem to do anything in the settings to make it selectable.
I am not using uPnP, I manually configured my router.
I had to add VRS to the Windows 7 firewall - it didn't appear on the list. I did select it and allow it to be accessed.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling VRS.
Any suggestions? Could this be a Windows web server issue of some kind?

agw

Re: Can't start internet server

Post by agw » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:19 am

The "Put onto the Internet" button is just to control the UPnP feature - if you don't have UPnP configured and enabled then it'll be greyed out. If you've configured the router's port forwarding to point to the machine that VRS is on then VRS is already on the Internet, you don't need to do anything else.

VRS is only added to the W7 firewall if you tick the "Configure Windows firewall so that..." option in the installer. By default it's not ticked.

Note that some routers won't route to themselves. When you come to test it you may need to find another Internet machine, such as a phone accessing the Internet over 3G, and use that to test the site. If you PM or email me the URL then I can let you know whether I can access it or not.

Thunderknight

Re: Can't start internet server

Post by Thunderknight » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 pm

I went in to the advanced Windows 7 firewall settings and found there were two sets of entries for VRS. One set was activated and one set was disabled. I activated the second set and that did it. It's now working.

Thank you.