Aircraft markers enhancement suggestions

Discussions about the preview versions of Virtual Radar Server.
Forum rules
Please bear in mind if you do install a preview version that it is unfinished code, there may be bugs, bits missing, things that don't work etc.

Posts in this forum will not show up in forum search results. Old threads will be pruned occasionally.
kyle0440

Aircraft markers enhancement suggestions

Post by kyle0440 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:10 pm

Hello -

Just a couple ideas for enhancements to aircraft markers.

1) Now that the ident active flag is passed to the site, it would be cool if an aircraft with ident active was identified on the map in such way. (Flashing circle around icon? Flashing color change?)

2) Aircraft with an emergency squawk should also be identified with a different marker. Maybe a red circle around the icon or a icon that flashes red?

3) A quick way to see which aircraft are squawking VFR without adding squawk code to their tag would also be nice.

agw

Re: Aircraft markers enhancement suggestions

Post by agw » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:50 pm

1) I'd been thinking the same. It wouldn't be hard to do with SVG, will be more tedious with PNG. However, in the meantime you can have ident as a pin text line, the text shows up when it's transmitting ident and disappears when it stops.

2) Same as (1), just another condition to change the fill colour for SVG icons.

3) "Squawking VFR" - I would need to code in the rules for which squawk codes are for VFR flights. I don't think they're universal, it could be quite an undertaking. I think I'll pass on this for now.