Filtering all aircraft except for 1

Discussions about the preview versions of Virtual Radar Server.
Forum rules
Please bear in mind if you do install a preview version that it is unfinished code, there may be bugs, bits missing, things that don't work etc.

Posts in this forum will not show up in forum search results. Old threads will be pruned occasionally.
thenecroscope

Filtering all aircraft except for 1

Post by thenecroscope » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:34 am

Hi,

In version 3 of VR, you have a really nice feature :) that allows you to link directly to an aircraft as below:
/virtualradar/desktop.html?icao=403D79

Is it possible to hide all the other aircraft when I clink a link, except for the one in the above example link? I can do this manually with a filter but would prefer to do this automatically when I click on the link?

Is it possible to port this code from version 3 to version 2.4.3 if I find the code in version 3 and copy it and recompile it locally?

thanks again!
Steve

agw

Re: Filtering all aircraft except for 1

Post by agw » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:36 pm

I can add the auto-filtering. I'm not planning on back-porting this to version 2 but if you want to do it yourself feel free. The heart of it is in VirtualRadar.WebSite/Site/Web/script/vrs/aircraftAutoSelect.ts but there might be other bits of code spread about that hook the event that's raised when an aircraft is auto-selected by ICAO. I would imagine the moving map thing hooks that event.

thenecroscope

Re: Filtering all aircraft except for 1

Post by thenecroscope » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:33 pm

Thanks agw for getting back to me on this. I will take a look at the code have a play around with the events. Thanks!