Discussions about the preview versions of Virtual Radar Server.
Please bear in mind if you do install a preview version that it is unfinished code, there may be bugs, bits missing, things that don't work etc.
Posts in this forum will not show up in forum search results. Old threads will be pruned occasionally.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:13 pm
- Location: Aalsmeer
Hi, I am trying the latest V3 3.0.0 Beta (x64 and x86) and I am having problems with the SQL Server Plugin. I am using SQL Server 2017 (named instance). The connection to the database is working because the Aircraft table is being populated but the Flights table stays empty.
I see in the plugins page an error at the Database Writer Plugin:
- exception caught: @HadSpi is not a parameter for procedure Flights_Insert
When I check the Flights_Insert procedure in the SQL Server database the @HadSpi parameter does exist! Anyone else having this problem?
I created an Azure SQL Database and tried to reproduce the problem but there it works as expected. The difference is the version of SQL Server.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (RTM) - 14.0.1000.169 (X64) Aug 22 2017 17:04:49 Copyright (C) 2017 Microsoft Corporation
- Microsoft SQL Azure (RTM) - 12.0.2000.8 Jul 3 2019 10:02:53 Copyright (C) 2019 Microsoft Corporation
I will try some extra tests and keep you posted:
- Install SQL Server 2017 Default instance
- Posts: 2247
- Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 am
Sorry for the late reply. The SQL Server plugin was developed against SS2016, I would expect it to work OK on there
I'll add this as a github issue so that I don't forget it and then when I get a chance I'll download one of MS's SS2017 docker containers and see if I can reproduce it there.