Exceptions when doing DB lookup

Discussions about the preview versions of Virtual Radar Server.
Forum rules
Please bear in mind if you do install a preview version that it is unfinished code, there may be bugs, bits missing, things that don't work etc.

Posts in this forum will not show up in forum search results. Old threads will be pruned occasionally.
drencken

Exceptions when doing DB lookup

Postby drencken » Mon May 16, 2016 1:12 pm

I have been getting this exception fairly frequently when clicking on the "DB Editor" for a given plane :

[2016-05-14 22:08:59.298 UTC] [t5159] Exception caught during DatabaseEditor SingleAircraftSearch (AA8852): System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot call Invoke or BeginInvoke on a control until the window handle is created
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.FindControlToInvokeOn () <0x413e6ab0 + 0x000df> in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke (System.Delegate method, System.Object[] args) <0x4186e980 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0
at VirtualRadar.Interface.EventHelper.Raise[TEventArgs] (System.Delegate eventHandler, System.Object sender, System.Func`1 buildArgsCallback, System.Action`1 exceptionCallback, Boolean throwEventHelperException) <0x4138c020 + 0x005e2> in <filename unknown>:0

This is on a machine running Ubuntu.

It clears up after a restart of the VRS server. It feels to me like the happens more predictably if I run a web browser session from the same machine that is hosting VRS i.e. when I browse from a different machine on my network, this error is less likely to show up.

agw

Re: Exceptions when doing DB lookup

Postby agw » Tue May 17, 2016 11:13 pm

That bug is going to be fixed in the next release. You can download a preview of the fix from here, but you'll also need to install the preview server:

http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Preview.aspx

Return to “Preview Versions”