BaseStationImporter stops after 1000 rows

Discussions about the preview versions of Virtual Radar Server.
Forum rules
Please bear in mind if you do install a preview version that it is unfinished code, there may be bugs, bits missing, things that don't work etc.

Posts in this forum will not show up in forum search results. Old threads will be pruned occasionally.
Datamix

BaseStationImporter stops after 1000 rows

Post by Datamix » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:04 pm

I tested the BaseStationImporter utility included in preview version 04-FEB-18.

Unfortunately the importer stops after 1000 rows.

Code: Select all

BaseStation Import
  Source:    [SQLite] Database.sqb
  Target:    [SqlServer] Server=CONNECTION_STRING (apply schema)
  Aircraft:  Import / Update
  Locations: Import / Update
  Sessions:  Import / Update
  Flights:   Import / Update 0001-01-01 to 9999-12-31

[####################] [1 / 1] [100.0%] 00:00:00  Applying schema
 [####################] [1 / 1] [100.0%] 00:00:00  Importing locations
 [####################] [102 / 102] [100.0%] 00:00:00  Importing sessions
 [#                   ] [1'000 / 18'348] [5.5%] 00:02:30  Importing aircraft
Caught exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): String or binary data would be truncated.
The data for table-valued parameter "@BulkAircraft" doesn't conform to the table type of the parameter. SQL Server error is: 8152, state: 10
The statement has been terminated.
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   bei System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   bei Dapper.SqlMapper.ExecuteReaderWithFlagsFallback(IDbCommand cmd, Boolean wasClosed, CommandBehavior behavior) in C:\projects\dapper\Dapper\SqlMapper.cs:Zeile 1053.
   bei Dapper.SqlMapper.QueryMultipleImpl(IDbConnection cnn, CommandDefinition& command) in C:\projects\dapper\Dapper\SqlMapper.cs:Zeile 1045.
   bei VirtualRadar.Plugin.SqlServer.BaseStationDatabase.<>c__DisplayClass105_1.<UpsertManyAircraft>b__0(ConnectionWrapper wrapper)
   bei VirtualRadar.Plugin.SqlServer.BaseStationDatabase.PerformInConnection(Action`1 action)
   bei VirtualRadar.Plugin.SqlServer.BaseStationDatabase.UpsertManyAircraft(IEnumerable`1 upsertAircraft)
   bei BaseStationImport.BaseStationImporter.LoadOrImportAircraft()
   bei BaseStationImport.BaseStationImporter.ProcessAircraft()
   bei BaseStationImport.BaseStationImporter.Import()
   bei BaseStationImport.CommandRunner_Import.Run()
   bei BaseStationImport.Program.Main(String[] args)
ClientConnectionId:4c9aee04-f803-42ef-9d61-cbdf3621aeb2
Fehlernummer (Error Number):8152,Status (State):10,Klasse (Class):16

Full details have been recorded in the log
From BaseStationImporter.cs

/// <summary>
/// Gets or sets the number of aircraft records to upsert at a time.
/// </summary>
public int AircraftPageSize { get; set; } = 1000;

/// <summary>
/// Gets or sets the number of flight records to copy at a time.
/// </summary>
public int FlightPageSize { get; set; } = 1000;
Is there something wrong in the procedure or do I overlook something?
vrs: 12-MAY-2018

agw

Re: BaseStationImporter stops after 1000 rows

Post by agw » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 am

One of the differences between SQL Server and SQLite is that you can tell SQLite that a column is (say) a variable-length text column of up to 10 characters and then you can stick a date in it, or a string of 11 characters. It has a pretty loose concept of types.

SQL Server, on the other hand, has strongly typed columns and if you say a column is a varchar(10) and then try to write an 11 character string into it it'll either truncate (if it's a parameter to a stored procedure) or it'll throw the exception you're getting. The text field lengths started off at the values that Kinetic originally had in their BaseStation.sqb declaration and I think I bumped a couple of them up to try to avoid this, but you have a field somewhere in BaseStation.sqb that exceeds the limits and it's causing the crash.

I'll take a look at modifying the importer so that it truncates everything before it reaches the database.

Datamix

Post by Datamix » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:58 am

Yes thats true I didn't thought about this.

Datamix

Post by Datamix » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 pm

How can I troubleshot this issue exactly? I could not figure out which row is affected. Even the new vesion of the importer stop after 1000 rows.

[####################] [1 / 1] [100.0%] 00:00:00  Applying schema
 [####################] [1 / 1] [100.0%] 00:00:00  Importing locations
 [####################] [172 / 172] [100.0%] 00:00:00  Importing sessions
 [                    ] [1'000 / 20'100] [5.0%] 00:00:18  Importing aircraft
Caught exception: String or binary data would be truncated.
The data for table-valued parameter "@BulkAircraft" doesn't conform to the table type of the parameter. SQL Server error is: 8152, state: 10
The statement has been terminated.
Full details have been recorded in the log

agw

Post by agw » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:44 pm

There isn't a new version yet :) I'll be returning to the SQL Server preview in a bit.

Datamix

Post by Datamix » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:00 pm

agw wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:44 pm
There isn't a new version yet :) I'll be returning to the SQL Server preview in a bit.
I thought there already a new version :oops: Sorry

Datamix

Post by Datamix » Wed May 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Works with version 12-MAY-2018 - thank you.