Web Admin Plugin Preview

Discussions about the preview versions of Virtual Radar Server.
Forum rules
Please bear in mind if you do install a preview version that it is unfinished code, there may be bugs, bits missing, things that don't work etc.

Posts in this forum will not show up in forum search results. Old threads will be pruned occasionally.
agw

Web Admin Plugin Preview

Postby agw » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:31 am

I've uploaded take 2 on the web admin plugin, this time with a functioning (albeit rough around the edges) options page. I uploaded it a little earlier than I normally would so that people who are trying to run VRS on Raspberry Pis have an alternative when their Mono crashes on the WinForms options screen.

The address for the admin pages is http://<your ip address>/VirtualRadar/WebAdmin/Index.html

You will need to have an admin user before you can log in. If necessary you can create this from the command-line:

Mono users: mono VirtualRadar.exe -nogui -createAdmin:<name> -password:<password>
Windows users: VirtualRadar.exe -createAdmin:<name> -password:<password>

Replace <name> and <password> with whatever you like. The user must not already exist. You must supply a password. Don't put spaces around the colons, e.g. use "-createAdmin:andrew", not "-createAdmin: andrew" or "-createAdmin andrew".

The validation on the Options page is all working, when you click Save it's going through the same validation that the WinForms version uses, but some of the validation cues may not appear in the correct place, some of them mess up the form controls a bit and the cues associated with lists don't appear at all.

There's no Access panels in the receiver and rebroadcast server settings - they'll be coming along later, as will the map in the receiver location settings.

The pages should be localised to the server's region but there is no localisation of input, so if you would normally enter a decimal number as "1,124" then it won't work (or at least I think it won't, not tried it). You will need to enter 1.124 instead.

I haven't written the options pages for the plugins yet. Those will be going into the plugins themselves, so there will be new preview versions of those as they get done.

(Update: The latest preview of the database writer plugin supports configuration via the web admin plugin)

You need to install the 31-JAN preview of VRS before the web admin plugin will work.

dsfh2992

Re: Web Admin Plugin Preview

Postby dsfh2992 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:20 pm

FYI, running the new preview version, I am getting the following error:

http://www.evernote.com/l/ALxN2JHUUAJIu ... XtJ3xpb3o/

This did not occur on the previous version.

Thanks,
Dan

dsfh2992

Postby dsfh2992 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:20 pm

FYI, the Web Admin plugin is not installed, this is coming right from VRS.

agw

Postby agw » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:50 am

It was a bug that was introduced when I removed the full list lock in the aircraft list - it should now be fixed in the 02-FEB preview.

dsfh2992

Postby dsfh2992 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:11 am

Thanks Andrew!

antonov124

Postby antonov124 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:19 am

My user name and my password is not accepted ;( i try different names and passwords ;(
any ideas?
name: andrew
password: andrew
also not working ;/ ( in try this only for testing)

agw

Postby agw » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Is the andrew user configured as an administrator in VRS?

Which browser are you using?

antonov124

Postby antonov124 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:49 pm

i use this command mono VirtualRadar.exe -createAdmin:andrew -password:test1234
i use iceweasel, ephinany browser ( raspberrypi)
via lan: internet explorer, firefox (windows 10 pc), safari, firefox - osx

agw

Postby agw » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:00 pm

If you could go into your configuration folder (from memory I think it's ~/.local/share/VirtualRadar) and email me your Users.sqb file then I'll take a look.

antonov124

Postby antonov124 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:07 pm

the Users.sqb is empty ;(
Only:
SQLite format 3

mono VirtualRadar.exe -createAdmin:andrew -password:test1234
starts vrs after this vrs is closed and the Users.sqb file is created - but empty

Return to “Preview Versions”