Web Admin Plugin Preview

Discussions about the preview versions of Virtual Radar Server.
Forum rules
Please bear in mind if you do install a preview version that it is unfinished code, there may be bugs, bits missing, things that don't work etc.

Posts in this forum will not show up in forum search results. Old threads will be pruned occasionally.
agw

Re: Web Admin Plugin Preview

Postby agw » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:13 am

Does VRS shutdown on its own? If so then it might not have made it as far as creating the admin user. If you try:

mono VirtualRadar.exe -createAdmin:andrew -password:test1234 -nogui

then it will run without trying to open any windows. I've updated the original post to include the -nogui switch for mono users.

agw

Postby agw » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:40 pm

antonov124 wrote:the Users.sqb is empty ;(
Only:
SQLite format 3

mono VirtualRadar.exe -createAdmin:andrew -password:test1234
starts vrs after this vrs is closed and the Users.sqb file is created - but empty

I've just looked at the Users.sqb that you emailed to me, sorry for the delay :) The file isn't actually empty, it's just it starts with SQLite format 3 followed by a null, which more text dump programs would probably see as the end of the file.

The file itself is corrupt. You could try repairing it but as there's only one user record in there the easiest thing to do would probably be to delete Users.sqb (and Users.sql-journal if there's one in there) and start again, but this time with the -nogui switch.

YSCB8

Postby YSCB8 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:10 am

Hi Andrew

I'm trying to run this plugin on a Win2008 box but are getting this error from the VRLog.txt:
[2016-05-11 08:06:39.036 UTC] [t1] Caught exception loading plugin C:\VirtualRadar\Plugins\WebAdmin\VirtualRadar.Plugin.WebAdmin.dll: <<TOP LEVEL>>: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Module.GetTypes()
at VirtualRadar.Library.PluginManager.DefaultProvider.LoadTypes(String fullPath)
at VirtualRadar.Library.PluginManager.LoadPlugins()
<<LOADER EXCEPTION>>: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'VirtualRadar.Interface.WebSite.IWebAdminViewManager' from assembly 'VirtualRadar.Interface, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

[2016-05-11 08:06:39.111 UTC] [t3] Program started, version 2.3.1.24483, build date 3/01/2016 1:36:07 PM UTC

VRS path = C:\VirtualRadar
Installed the plugin (vers 1.0) to the above
and plugin path ended up = C:\VirtualRadar\Plugins\WebAdmin\Web\WebAdmin

Any hints? ;)

agw

Postby agw » Thu May 12, 2016 11:50 pm

You need to install the preview server as well as the preview plugin.

YSCB8

Postby YSCB8 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:32 am

agw wrote:You need to install the preview server as well as the preview plugin.

Aha, so you do. :) Must have missed that bit in the instructions.
Thanks Andrew

Any chance of adding a clear log button?

agw

Postby agw » Mon May 16, 2016 1:14 am

The log is kind-of self clearing, it's limited to the last 100KB of messages. A clear log button would only save you 100KB of disk.

Bhaal

Postby Bhaal » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:06 am

Hi agw,

I'm having trouble with a fresh install on a Pi2 with the 20-May server and 20-May WebAdmin ... Cannot get the admin pages to open, just gives me a blank page :/

Configuring server via xml for now.. Also, when will the plugin config become xml?

agw

Postby agw » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:53 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying! Do you get any JavaScript errors in the console (most browsers will show the console if you press F12) when you get the blank page? If so, what are they? I'm assuming that you configured up an admin user in VRS from the command-line, and that you're using the admin user's credentials? Or does it not get as far as asking you for credentials?

There are no plans to change the format of the plugin configuration file.

Return to “Preview Versions”