VRS 2.4.1 - Aircraft labels multiplying?

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
Archon

VRS 2.4.1 - Aircraft labels multiplying?

Post by Archon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 am

Heya,

I've just updated my VRS to 2.4.1 and have noticed an issue with the aircraft labels when using the new map system. They are multiplying as each aircraft travels along a route as long as that browser tab is left open. Here's a couple screenshots:

This one has doubled up on VH-VFX and VH-YQU, and VH-VOK has been out of range for a while, but the label won't clear.

But it's much worse in this one.

Reloading the page will clear the labels, but the problem will just restart over again. Is occurring in Chrome 67 and Microsoft Edge, and only when using the new maps layer. Switching back to gMaps stops it occurring.

MattBNA

Re: VRS 2.4.1 - Aircraft labels multiplying?

Post by MattBNA » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:58 am

Archon wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 am

Reloading the page will clear the labels, but the problem will just restart over again. Is occurring in Chrome 67 and Microsoft Edge, and only when using the new maps layer. Switching back to gMaps stops it occurring.

I noticed the same issue immediately upon upgrading to 2.4.1, and also noted that it went away when I switched the maps back over to Google. This was in Chrome 66 and (now) 67.

Matt

--

T-EGXJ18

Post by T-EGXJ18 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi, I have the Mono version running in Ubuntu. I have the same issue, again switch back to Google and all is ok. I tried it with the latest Firefox & Chrome.
Anyone have a fix yet ?
Regards
Ian Haver
T-EGXJ18

WhirlPool

Post by WhirlPool » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Yep.

I'm on MONO on Ubuntu too and have the same issue.
It seems that the labels aren't getting removed even though the plane's already gone.
The labels accumulate on the screen until you refresh.
This does not happen on the google maps.

agw

Post by agw » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks for letting me know - I'll fix it for the next release, which should be in a few days time.