Something wrong with filter menu

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
aeroradio

Something wrong with filter menu

Post by aeroradio » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi all,

I set up a filter from the Menu. I wanted to test merging ADSBexchange and my own local receiver. All worked OK, the filter I set up was to limit number of aircrafts received through the ADSBexchange channel.
So I set up a filter Distance in the range 0 to 300 nm. Filter is working and limitation is OK BUT... now, I don't receive aircrafts that are below a level, an altitude (around 12000 ft ???) and there is no altitude filter set up, of course.
If I untick the filter enable box, I can see all aircrafts. If I tick it, few of them disappear.
I try to find which altitude is concerned but no result. I even try to play with transition level but not change.
I tried the V3.0 Preview, the problem is still here.

EDIT : I found something new. The problem seems to appear with aircrafts that do not show their positions (it's not a matter of altitude as I thought before).

Is there any solution to this problem ?

Many thanks for helping.

Denis

aeroradio

Re: Something wrong with filter menu

Post by aeroradio » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:17 am

It appears there is no way to solve this problem ?

Anyway. Thanks for reading and have fun with ADS-B !

aeroradio

Post by aeroradio » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:40 pm

I understand, now, why it doesn't work (I tried both 2.4.2 and 3.0 versions).
I wanted to filter <1 [distance] <300 nm. Doing so, all traffic that doesn't show position was missing in the list and on the map.
I thought it was a bug but it seems normal : as the aircraft doesn't send position, it can't be included in the list of aircrafts between 1 and 300 nm.
So it is impossible to do what I wanted to do (see my first post).
It could be done if it was possible to keep on (map and list) aircrafts without position (not showing position). But I'm unable to write a code for such a filter.
Two conditions : aircraft without position must be displayed along with aircrafts between 1 and 300 nm.

agw

Post by agw » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:55 pm

I'm afraid that it won't be possible with the filters as they work at the moment. You can add filters for either condition but if you have more than one filter then the aircraft has to pass all of them before it is shown and in your case you want it to be shown if it passes any of them.

I have some plans to support those kinds of conditions in version 3 but I'm not sure if it'll be there for the initial release.

aeroradio

Post by aeroradio » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:30 am

Many thanks for your answer and comments, Andrew.
I do understand it will be a possible item on the "to do" list but, up to now, I'm very happy with VRS, even if this filter possibility is missing me in this special use.
Thanks for your job. I'm using the V3 at the moment and I'm pleased with it.

Have a nice day, a nice week-end too !

Denis