Firefox 46.0 breaks menu button...

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
dsfh2992

Firefox 46.0 breaks menu button...

Post by dsfh2992 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:01 am

FYI, I've had two reports of this and have been able to reproduce it myself using Firefox 46 (just released) on Windows, against a stock copy of the latest VRS preview (64-bit) with no plugins active, no customizations, no CDN, etc.

Previous versions of VRS are also affected. Not sure if it's a bug in Firefox, or something that can be corrected in VRS, but FYI, this will likely affect everyone.

Pidea

Re: Firefox 46.0 breaks menu button...

Post by Pidea » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:45 pm

I'm seeing this also. It's only happened after upgrading to the latest version of Firefox on Windows. Not sure about other platforms.

The short term solution is to revert back to an older version:

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/

Phil

T-EGJA1

Post by T-EGJA1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:28 pm

The safest option is to run Firefox ESR - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/ - you get all the security updates without the new 'features' that tend to break stuff.
Terry

agw

Post by agw » Mon May 02, 2016 3:22 pm

I'll take a look into it and get it fixed for the next preview (not one that I've just uploaded, the next one :)).

CharlieAlpha

Post by CharlieAlpha » Sat May 07, 2016 3:24 pm

just like to add a +1 on this.

after a few days away for the bank holiday my Firefox updated to 46.0.1 last night and now my menu button menu doesn't display. The menu is still active and you can 'guess' where the right option is but it a pain to use.

Charlie

agw

Post by agw » Sat May 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Okey dokey - the fix will be going in this weekend, but for those people that don't want to use the preview version then you can use the custom content plugin to fix it.

1. Download and install the custom content plugin from here: http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Download.aspx

2. Create a text file somewhere and call it FixFirefox46MenuButton.html

3. Paste this into the file:

Code: Select all

<style>
    .dl-menuopen {
        z-index: 1;
    }
</style>
4. In VRS go to Tools | Plugins and click the custom content plugin's Options button.

5. Click New.

6. Click the "..." button next to Inject File and select the FixFirefox46MenuButton.html file you created earlier.

7. Erase the content of the Address box and replace it with * (i.e. a single asterisk).

8. Leave the other settings set to "At End of Head".

9. Click OK

If you reload the site you should now get the menu back.

davidq

Post by davidq » Sun May 08, 2016 6:23 am

Thanks very much, I can confirm it works fine.

CharlieAlpha

Post by CharlieAlpha » Sun May 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Many Thanks Andrew

As always you spoil us with your rapid turnaround of responses and fixes.

Much appreciated by all of us.

Charlie

mezoo

Post by mezoo » Sun May 15, 2016 10:54 am

Thank you Andrew !!

Aoxo

Post by Aoxo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:38 am

I downloaded and installed the custom content plugin. I added the custom CSS to a HTML file and configured the plugin to load the content as per the instructions. The menu sort of works, but not quite right still.

When I click the menu button a block appears containing three block elements containing images of a right arrow symbol. Above this block, and to the left a bit, I also see a flag image. Nothing else is visible until I hover over the area, and once I do, the visibility of all of the other menu elements is restored until I close and reopen the menu, at which time it reverts to not completely visible. When I hover, there are 7 total block level elements, one for each category, that toggle visibility one at time time as I go over each one.