VRS crash on OSX

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
jfm

VRS crash on OSX

Post by jfm » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi Andrew - any ideas? This happened when viewing the web interface.

OSX = 10.11.5
Mono = 4.4.0
VRS = 2.3.1 (headless)

Assertion failed: (!"reached"), function _cairo_hash_table_lookup_exact_key, file cairo-hash.c, line 506.
Stacktrace:

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus.GdipDeleteGraphics (intptr) <0x00012>
at System.Drawing.Graphics.Dispose () <0x00057>
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Graphics.Dispose () <0x0004f>
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor (System.Drawing.Image,int,int) <0x00077>
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor (System.Drawing.Image) <0x0003f>
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor (System.Drawing.Image) <0x00037>
at VirtualRadar.Library.ParallelAccessImageFileManager.FetchFromWebSite (VirtualRadar.Interface.WebSite.IWebSite,string) <0x000b3>
at VirtualRadar.Library.ParallelAccessImageFileManager.LoadFromWebSite (VirtualRadar.Interface.WebSite.IWebSite,string,bool) <0x00213>
at VirtualRadar.WebSite.ImagePage.BuildInitialImage (VirtualRadar.WebSite.ImagePage/ImageRequest,VirtualRadar.Interface.WebServer.RequestReceivedEventArgs,System.Drawing.Image&,System.Drawing.Image&) <0x00087>
at VirtualRadar.WebSite.ImagePage.DoHandleRequest (VirtualRadar.Interface.WebServer.IWebServer,VirtualRadar.Interface.WebServer.RequestReceivedEventArgs) <0x000c3>
at VirtualRadar.WebSite.Page.HandleRequest (object,VirtualRadar.Interface.WebServer.RequestReceivedEventArgs) <0x000ad>
at VirtualRadar.WebSite.WebSite.RequestContent (VirtualRadar.Interface.WebServer.RequestReceivedEventArgs) <0x0009b>
at VirtualRadar.WebSite.WebSite.Server_RequestReceived (object,VirtualRadar.Interface.WebServer.RequestReceivedEventArgs) <0x00017>
at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.EventHandler`1<TEventArgs_REF>.invoke_void_object_TEventArgs (object,TEventArgs_REF) <0x000c7>
at VirtualRadar.Interface.EventHelper.RaiseQuickly<TEventArgs_REF> (System.EventHandler`1<TEventArgs_REF>,object,TEventArgs_REF) <0x00024>
at VirtualRadar.WebServer.WebServer.OnRequestReceived (VirtualRadar.Interface.WebServer.RequestReceivedEventArgs) <0x0002b>
at VirtualRadar.WebServer.WebServer.GetContextHandler (System.IAsyncResult) <0x005df>
at System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult.InvokeCallback (object) <0x00050>
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem () <0x00035>
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch () <0x001d8>
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback () <0x00017>
at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_bool (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0x0004c>

agw

Re: VRS crash on OSX

Post by agw » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm

It's libcairo, the bane of VRS on the Mac :) There was a problem with older versions of VRS whereby it would perform graphics operations on multiple threads, which you shouldn't really do. It very occasionally caused an issue under Windows but it caused a LOT of issues with libcairo.

However, it shouldn't be doing that any more. I'll add a note to check it before the next release. I presume you're using the latest preview server?

jfm

Post by jfm » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:18 am

agw wrote:I presume you're using the latest preview server?
Which server? VRS? I just downloaded 2.3.1 from the website.

agw

Post by agw » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:22 am

Ah right, sorry, when you wrote "web interface" I thought you were talking about the web admin pages.

There's a possibility that the latest preview (http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Vir ... eview.aspx) might be better but I suspect not, I think the work to make sure that all graphics operations were forced onto a single thread was done for 2.3.1. I've added a Trello card to take a look into it before 2.4 is released, I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.