unable to display Google Maps

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
Aardvark

Re: unable to display Google Maps

Post by Aardvark » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:25 am

It turns out it was a simple process to enable the API. I created a JavaScript file for use with the Custom Content plugin and inserted the code specified by Google:

<script async defer src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js ... ck=initMap"
type="text/javascript">
</script>

replacing 'YOUR_API_KEY" with the key they gave me when I registered my own project with them. Once I did that, I was able to access my VRS computer using my personal domain. As the web address to my server is not published, I do not generate that much traffic except from my own computers so I should not bump up against their quota. I will probably continue to use the domain I have been using until I am no longer with my employer.
Last edited by Aardvark on Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yashub

Post by Yashub » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:56 pm

Hi everyone

Thank you to everyone who has responded to my question. If you're not too sure on how to fix the issue here is a link I have provided and follow the steps to fix the issue.

Get an API key: https://developers.google.com/maps/docu ... et-api-key

Download and installation Custom Content Plugin: http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Doc ... fault.aspx

I hope this is most useful and hope you all have a great day.

cheese

neluxor

Post by neluxor » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:08 pm

rwinterhoff wrote:Installed the update preview - added the Google Maps Browser API - All works well.

I am assuming this will have to be done every time my ISP decides to change my IP ( about every 3 - 6 months) - no big thing.

Thanks again for the quick and excellent support!
What do you mean whith install a update preview?

The policy terms was changed by google to use now a google maps plataform is necessary a valid API key to see a map on web.
So to resolve all this problem the VRS Devolpers need probably buy a API Key Primium to incrase in VRS html code.

But I don´t undarstand Why only some examples stoped working, my frend use a VRS ond Windows server 2003 and everthing was working well.

I just try generate a free api key to use in my HTML page by the key continous ivalid too.

agw

Post by agw » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:21 pm

The reason why some sites are unaffected is because Google are not enforcing the API key requirement for sites that were using Google Maps before June 2016. They can continue to run without an API key until October (I think, can't remember now).

The next version of VRS will have an option where you can enter the API key. You will need to create your own API key and you need to make sure that it is locked to your site so that other people can't use it.

rwinterhoff

Post by rwinterhoff » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 pm

neluxor wrote: What do you mean whith install a update preview?
The VRS update previews are at http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/preview.aspx

neluxor

Post by neluxor » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:13 pm

Ok My Friends,

Last update preview installed in case version 64bits, in options I see a empty text box to insert my API Key, i have inserted my key and tested in website Perfect i have a google maps.
But i dont ´t see the tacking in realtime just a map, this is a limitation of free key?

To explain better, i have same aeroplains but without latitude or longitude. very weird because in many aeroplane ...

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:20 pm

neluxor wrote:But I don´t undarstand Why only some examples stoped working, my frend use a VRS ond Windows server 2003 and everthing was working well.
As "agw" noted, only domains that were using Google Maps API prior to June 22, 2016 continue to work without a key. I ran into the situation trying to switch my personal VRS installation from one domain to another that had not used the API. Did not work until I did the JavaScript add-on with the Custom Content plugin. I have seen some comments that the maps may continue to work into the future without a key for private addresses such as 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.x.x. Most likely due to not being able to run a commercial site on those addresses. Also it would make site development a pain needing a key for private addresses during testing and then needing yet another key for a production address.

neluxor

Post by neluxor » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:46 pm

First!

Thanks to all for help!

At the moment all is working fine..

1 - Register and create a devolper on google api maps site.
2 - Generate a new project whith a free api key to Google Maps API.

Note: A Free key is limited only in data renoved in 24h , is important define de adress to be abble access and use this key for example.

airradar.ddns.org/virtualradar is not the same 288.253.55.23/virtualradar put the exact address this previne the use for another aplications this is all in google devolper site, if you define for example only one address airradar.ddns.org/virtualradar the second address does´t work so if you need de 2 address working you need define the both.

3 - Install a update preview an ins options section in web site put a key API only

save end everything is great!

neluxor

Post by neluxor » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:51 pm

New version 2.4 in action ate the moment!

UA4WIY

Post by UA4WIY » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:30 pm

In the new version, 2.4.0 Goole Maps API key is also not working. Through the Custom content plugin works, but there is the inconvenience of local addresses.