BaseStation.sqb locked

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
Laban

BaseStation.sqb locked

Postby Laban » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:22 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to modify the ProHill https://github.com/ProHill/VRS-flights-db package slightly to operate locally on my Windows 10 box. My current setup per below:

RPi 3 running Piware/FR24/Dump1090 etc
Windows 10 box running VRS (fed by RPi)

All is kind of great except for the fact that the BaseStation.sqb file appear to lock up after 10-15 mins of exporting it to a CSV (per the ProHill package). Anyone have any bright ideas what causes this lock and how to prevent it?

Laban

Re: BaseStation.sqb locked

Postby Laban » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:57 pm

I appear to have managed to overcome this issue by simply copying the BaseStation.sqb via a .bat file prior to doing anything with it - no lockups yet.

n1ghtwish

Re: BaseStation.sqb locked

Postby n1ghtwish » Tue May 09, 2017 5:05 pm

I am doing what Laban is doing also, which takes care of that issue... however, I am experiencing another problem: every few days or so, at around 2:30am, VRS will just stop writing to BaseStation.sqb. In order to kick it back into gear, I have to shut it down, get rid of the Connection-Log.sqb.journal and ConnectionLog.sqb files, then restart VRS. When that happens, it dumps everything it has currently into the DB without the typical 25-30 minute delay.

Anyone else have this happen?

Return to “Bug Reports”