Bugs in 1.2.3

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
agw

Bugs in 1.2.3

Post by agw » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:36 pm

When you find them let me know here :)

Jester

Re: Bugs in 1.2.3

Post by Jester » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:30 pm

First, thanks for creating this, great product.

Second, my little bug:

I have my laptop running windows 7, on 1366x768 resolution (same on another pc with 1024x768)

It seems the last char of the speed column is cut-off (or better, as you can see in the screenshot, you need to scroll to the right to make the rest visable)

Could you please change the html code so you don't have to scroll to see the rest of the column ?

Thanks
Attachments
scroll.png
scroll issue
scroll.png (190.18 KiB) Viewed 4842 times

agw

Post by agw » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Which browser are you using?

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:27 pm

agw wrote:Which browser are you using?
Firefox 20 (had the same problem with 19)

Same issue on Chrome too btw.

agw

Post by agw » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:35 am

I can't reproduce it with either Firefox 19 or Chrome. Would it be possible to put the server onto the Internet and PM or email me its address so I can take a look from here please?

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:50 pm

agw wrote:I can't reproduce it with either Firefox 19 or Chrome. Would it be possible to put the server onto the Internet and PM or email me its address so I can take a look from here please?
Sure, i'll PM you the details.

thanks for looking already.

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Could of course play around myself.....

GoogleMapSidebar.js seems a good start....

function GoogleMapSidebar(events)
{
var that = this;

var mInitialWidth = 390;

But now I need to figure out why you can't reproduce this issue.

EDIT:

Changed the above from 390 to 400, voila, problem solved :)

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Right, next issue,

DateReport.htm

when I load this by clicking the link, it opens the date report screen, but the form fields are only showing about half the full length, in this case i have to scroll down to use the rest.

the bottom half of the screen is white, so if we move that iframe (?) down 10/20% it will make the other form fields visible without scrolling.

This is again on firefox 19/20

I'll probably find it in the source code, and change it, which gives me an idea, maybe you can host your source code on github so developers can suggest code which you can pull it... ?

just my 2 cents...

Thanks again

agw

Post by agw » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Yes, the short version is that the initial width is too small :)

What's happening is that when custom columns are turned off in the options it doesn't try to fix the size of any of the columns in the list. This shouldn't cause a problem as long as the text that's going into the columns isn't causing the overall table width to go past the amount allocated to it by the initial sidebar width, but unfortunately in your case there are four ICAOs flagged as "Radar Test Signals" whose callsigns (in particular "REFT3BTM") are pushing the callsign column out and causing the table to go wider than I've given it room for.

For other people who are having this problem the workaround is to click on Options | List and then click "Reset to defaults" and tick "Use custom columns". That forces the site to allocate fixed widths to each column and size the sidebar accordingly so that everything fits. In the next version of VRS I'll address that.

Regarding changing the report page - that whole thing will be changed once I do the rewrite of the web site side, which should be around the summer (if I get time!)

Github - I already have the source under TFS locally. I'm aware that VS2012.2 can work with Git but if it means starting a new repository and losing all of the history from TFS then I'm not terribly keen. I did notice last week that someone has already put the source for VRS on Github - that one's nothing to do with me. If you want to send through patch files then feel free, but be aware that the javascript in there is standing against a wall with a blindfold on and smoking its last cigarette :)

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:55 pm

agw wrote:Yes, the short version is that the initial width is too small :)

What's happening is that when custom columns are turned off in the options it doesn't try to fix the size of any of the columns in the list. This shouldn't cause a problem as long as the text that's going into the columns isn't causing the overall table width to go past the amount allocated to it by the initial sidebar width, but unfortunately in your case there are four ICAOs flagged as "Radar Test Signals" whose callsigns (in particular "REFT3BTM") are pushing the callsign column out and causing the table to go wider than I've given it room for.

For other people who are having this problem the workaround is to click on Options | List and then click "Reset to defaults" and tick "Use custom columns". That forces the site to allocate fixed widths to each column and size the sidebar accordingly so that everything fits. In the next version of VRS I'll address that.

Regarding changing the report page - that whole thing will be changed once I do the rewrite of the web site side, which should be around the summer (if I get time!)

Github - I already have the source under TFS locally. I'm aware that VS2012.2 can work with Git but if it means starting a new repository and losing all of the history from TFS then I'm not terribly keen. I did notice last week that someone has already put the source for VRS on Github - that one's nothing to do with me. If you want to send through patch files then feel free, but be aware that the javascript in there is standing against a wall with a blindfold on and smoking its last cigarette :)
Thanks for that quick answer, and I'll provide patches if I fix something, or add by just posting them on here, I think you have enough on your plate with the whole re-write and all.

Anyway, thanks again, and if you need a beta tester or something, let me know.

Cheers