Bugs in 1.2.3

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
sonicgoose

Re: Bugs in 1.2.3

Post by sonicgoose » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:17 am

Is there a memory leak in 1.2.3? I have it running on an intel iMac Core 2 Duo, Windows 7x86 in Boot Camp, 2GB RAM. When I first start VRS, Task Manager reports it's using about 16Mb RAM, but after a few days that seems to balloon up over 500MB! Eventually it grinds my machine to almost a halt. Quitting and restarting VRS resolves the issue. I first started to see this issue in 1.2.2, I believe, but it's definitely happening in 1.2.3.
Web: http://www.sonicgoose.com
Twitter: @blindedbtflash

agw

Post by agw » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm not seeing a memory leak here, it seems to hold steady at ~61Mb, but that's not to say that there isn't one. Could you go into VRS, click Help | About, click on the link for the configuration folder and then email me the Configuration.xml and VirtualRadarLog.txt files from there please?

sonicgoose

Post by sonicgoose » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Where do I email them? Between yesterday and today the memory usage has gone up but is sitting just shy of 27Mb. When I see it go higher, I'll send you a screen grab of my Task Manager.

sonicgoose

Post by sonicgoose » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Never mind. Found your address...

Jester

Post by Jester » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Jester wrote:Could of course play around myself.....

GoogleMapSidebar.js seems a good start....

function GoogleMapSidebar(events)
{
var that = this;

var mInitialWidth = 390;

But now I need to figure out why you can't reproduce this issue.

EDIT:

Changed the above from 390 to 400, voila, problem solved :)
Small update, I've increased it to 405, as saw an awacs with LX-N90459 as the reg. causing the scroll bar again...

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:51 am

Hi Andrew

Not certain if it's me or 1.2.3 but Options->Web Server->Internet port number appears to be only changing the Internet Address. Changing the port from 8282 to 80 is not changing the local and network addresses. They still show (and link to) port 8282. This is on the main computer, not the Pi.

Something else has shown up on the Pi. I do have a new router so that may be the cause. I can access the Pi but normally only the map shows but nothing else. Once in a while, I see planes and flags but no updates and the Pi indicates after the no connection timeout period, that nothing is connected even though the browser is still open. The status counters are updating normally. Too many changes at this end to blame you though ;-)

GaryG

agw

Post by agw » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:44 am

GaryG wrote:Changing the port from 8282 to 80 is not changing the local and network addresses.
The Internet port number is the port number that VRS will use when you tell it to use UPnP to put the server onto the Internet. If you're not using UPnP then it has no effect other than to change the Internet Address bit on the main screen. The Mono version of VRS doesn't support UPnP so it has no effect there.
GaryG wrote:I can access the Pi but normally only the map shows but nothing else.
If you have a look at the error console on the browser (F12 in Internet Explorer, Ctrl+Shift+J in Chrome & Firefox) are you getting any errors there? If you browse to the VRS page and then in the address bar change the "GoogleMap.htm" bit to "AircraftList.json" does it come back with anything?

GaryG

Post by GaryG » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 pm

agw wrote:
GaryG wrote:If you have a look at the error console on the browser (F12 in Internet Explorer, Ctrl+Shift+J in Chrome & Firefox) are you getting any errors there? If you browse to the VRS page and then in the address bar change the "GoogleMap.htm" bit to "AircraftList.json" does it come back with anything?
Hi Andrew,

IE 10, Console shows:
SCRIPT1002: Syntax Error
GoogleMap.js, line 299 character 13

Line 299 is "var content = eval('(' + responseText + ')');" with twelve leading spaces.
Character 13 is the "v" of var.

I did try compatibility mode but have the same result.

Changing to "AircraftList.json" shows nothing, no indicated error, a blank screen and IE appeared satisfied, it had no spinning wait indicator after a second or two.
Debug shows the script is:
!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

I will try reinstalling VRS later this afternoon in case my install screwed up, I had the Pi offline for a week or two. I'll also do Pi updates and upgrades.

GaryG