Bugs in 1.2.4

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
agw

Re: Bugs in 1.2.4

Post by agw » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:26 am

brotbuexe wrote:I migrated to Windows 8.1 and have an issue starting the webserver:

When starting it says the port is in use, which isn't.
When I try to take online after start this exeption is shown.

http://imgur.com/3ojilBJ

It works only when I start virtualradar as administrator (rightlick / run as administrator).

UAC is disabled. The account is in the local admingroup.
When VRS is installed on Windows Vista/7/8 the installer has to configure Windows to give VRS permission to listen to the port. My guess is that the migration to Windows 8 zapped the permissions that were previously set. If you re-run the installer (you don't need to uninstall first) then that should re-apply the permissions and should get you going again.

brotbuexe

Post by brotbuexe » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:56 pm

that worked. thanks.

Sentry_e3

Post by Sentry_e3 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:12 am

Well i come back again with my logo problem, with a more pragmatic situation:

Yesterday i wanted to change a logo with the same name than an older one. In the folder where my logos are, i have overwritten the old one by the new one. And guess what happened one more time: the logo displayed is the old one, although it has been deleted!!!

agw

Post by agw » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:07 am

Sentry_e3 wrote:And guess what happened one more time: the logo displayed is the old one, although it has been deleted!!!
The browser is caching the logo. Clear the browser's cache and try again.

Sentry_e3

Post by Sentry_e3 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:21 pm

agw wrote:
Sentry_e3 wrote:And guess what happened one more time: the logo displayed is the old one, although it has been deleted!!!
The browser is caching the logo. Clear the browser's cache and try again.
Tried, without success :? . Of course you mean the browser of the computer where the basestation.sqb is?

agw

Post by agw » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:19 pm

The browser that's displaying the logo that's since been deleted from the server. VRS will cache resized aircraft pictures but it doesn't cache flags - if a request comes in for them then they're always served from disk. So if you have a flag that should be missing, but isn't, then either:

1) It hasn't been deleted, the file is still there or
2) The browser has cached the logo and it is displaying it from its cache.

Sentry_e3

Post by Sentry_e3 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:35 pm

agw wrote:The browser that's displaying the logo that's since been deleted from the server. VRS will cache resized aircraft pictures but it doesn't cache flags - if a request comes in for them then they're always served from disk. So if you have a flag that should be missing, but isn't, then either:

1) It hasn't been deleted, the file is still there or
2) The browser has cached the logo and it is displaying it from its cache.
Well, the logo is displayed on ALL the browsers, including the one that is hosted by the computer running VRS, and i have then cleaned the firefox cache. The old logo has really been overwritten, and as the new logo (with the same name as the old one) still wasn't displayed, i made a copy of it and renamed it. I changed te name of the logo in the aircraft data, and then there is no logo displayed, just a blank.

It arrives not all the time, only for some ones, and i didn't manage to find the reason why sometimes the logo change is problematic :|

T-EGJA1

Post by T-EGJA1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:24 pm

I have a similar issue - if I replace an image in the OperatorFlags folder, then clearing the browser cache will update the Flag in a VRS Report view, however the only way to update it in the live view is to shut-down and restart VRS ...... so where is the OperatorFlag image being cached for the live view?

Would it be feasible to add a 'Clear Cache' menu item to a future version of VRS ?
Terry

agw

Post by agw » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:33 am

I absolutely definitely do not cache the logos :) All I do is tell the browser to cache them for a few hours. If a request for a logo comes in then it is always served from disk, and the browser is told to cache it for (I think) six hours.

If I rename a logo on my machine and refresh the browser it remains on display, if I then clear the cache it disappears.

If you change, delete or add a logo and the change doesn't show up on the browser then you either need to wait six hours or clear the browser cache - F12 | Cache | Clear cache on Internet Explorer, Ctrl+Shift+Delete on Chrome / Firefox (but be careful not to delete cookies in the Ctrl+Shift+Delete screen, otherwise you lose the options stored by VRS).

Sentry_e3

Post by Sentry_e3 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:18 pm

LOGO PROBLEM SOLVED!

I apologize :oops:

It was a folder path issue... as it is a remote access installation, i wasn't aware of all folder settings......

SORRY! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: