Bugs in 1.2.4

Is Virtual Radar Server not behaving itself? If so then please report it here.
T-EGJA1

Re: Bugs in 1.2.4

Post by T-EGJA1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Correction to my previous post - my issue is that if I change the OperatorFlagCode in basestation.sqb, the change is not reflected in VRS live view, even after clearing the browser cache, however the change can be seen in the Report view.

This indicates that VRS only reads the basestation.sqb file one time for each a/c as it appears in live view; so is there any way of forcing it to re-read the a/c details from the database (as it apparently does when generating a report view)?
Terry

agw

Post by agw » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Sentry_e3 wrote:It was a folder path issue...
No worries :)

agw

Post by agw » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:42 pm

T-EGJA1 wrote:Correction to my previous post - my issue is that if I change the OperatorFlagCode in basestation.sqb, the change is not reflected in VRS live view, even after clearing the browser cache, however the change can be seen in the Report view.

This indicates that VRS only reads the basestation.sqb file one time for each a/c as it appears in live view; so is there any way of forcing it to re-read the a/c details from the database (as it apparently does when generating a report view)?
Ah right - yes. Well, no. Yes, the reports are just dumping everything straight from the database, so if you change the aircraft record and then rerun the report it will immediately pick up your change. However the live site only reads the aircraft record once, otherwise it would be continually hammering the database. If it can't find a record for an aircraft then it will try again a minute later to give automated tools a chance to create one, but that's as far as that goes. There is a "Last Modified" date on the aircraft record but sadly it is not indexed, so any searches on that to periodically find modified records will be expensive - and I don't want to change Kinetic's schema (and users' databases) by adding one.

It is possible for a plugin to force the reloading of aircraft details on an aircraft list but there isn't a user interface for the same. I'll have a think about it. I'm not that keen on adding a UI element to the server to let users force a reload; it would be better if the server could figure out that something needs reloading on its own.

T-EGJA1

Post by T-EGJA1 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:50 am

OK, thanks for the explanation :)

Would perhaps a partial solution be to reload details of all a/c in the live list each time one appears? Would this be practical/efficient?

Updating the live list to reflect changes in the database would be nice to have, but not critical; so any time you spend on it is much appreciated - as are all your efforts on VRS.

Many thanks :)
Terry